Part 9

A/N: Warning, this part compelled me to label the story Mature.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"I'm tired, Trish." I complained, leaning on her even though she continued to dance.

"Then go grab a seat and chill for a bit. I'm not ready yet. We've barely been here two hours." She snapped, brushing me off both verbally and physically.

"Maybe I'll grab a Lyft then." My lips protruding in perfect pouting form while my head tilted to the side. I was so dizzy and exhausted that I didn't even feel my legs as I wandered off in search of a stool. My eyelids felt excruciatingly heavy. Bumping into people was a reminder that I wasn't just a floating head here. Thankfully, most people didn't seem to notice. Blinking had become a challenge, at least the opening part.

I ran into somebody again, but delicate, strong hands caught me and righted me. My eyelids finally opened up and I saw I'd run into a woman my height.

"Sorry." I mumbled as I started walking away in another direction.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked and took my arm as I swayed.

"Yeah, just want to sit." The words felt thick in my mouth, difficult to spit out.

Her head cocked to the side, but smiled. "Well, I know a great spot for that. This way."

And I stumbled after her. There was a great spot for that?

When she pulled open a door after a long hallway and some stairs, she patted my back and pushed me inside the room. "There you go."

I nearly tripped over my feet again. Gosh, I was clumsy today. Was my tolerance for liquor fading? It had been a while. Pulling my eyes open more so I could find this elusive seat, my gaze was met by another with beautiful blue eyes.

They were my new favorite color.

Those blue eyes blinked and I remembered they were attached to a man, a man with dark chocolate-y brown hair. I was hungry, but not as hungry as I was tired. Where was this seat?

Then my eyes broke away from him and saw he was sitting on a couch. Wonderful, found it. If Blue Eyes moved, I could lay down. Why was he watching me? Was there something on my face?

"Staring is rude," I said and looked away, causing my body to sway more. It nearly tumbled over, but I caught myself on the door frame and took a couple breaths.

Someone chuckled. It was a man in a dark blue suit, sitting across from Blue Eyes. There were a few papers displayed between them, but I couldn't tell what the pictures were from here.

"Yes, it is," Blue Suit said after clearing his throat. "Why don't you take a seat and I'll get to you later."

A smile spread across my lips and I flopped onto the couch. My head immediately finding purchase and I closed my eyes.

"Are you sure we should continue with her here?" Blue Eyes spoke. He sounded nice. His voice had a nice ring to it.

"Her? She won't remember anything. Don't worry. Give her another five minutes or so and I'll let the bitch service you first. She's going to be my next appointment once we've finished our negotiations, of course."

"There's nothing to negotiate. The price is firm. I've already given you first look."

"It's still so few for so much."

I nestled deeper into the fabric of the couch and yawned.

Raised voices woke me, but I couldn't lift my head.