2:06ᴘᴍ

« life is like a multiple choice question, sometimes the choices confuse you, not the question itself. »

-unknown-

█████████████████████

chapter fourteen

⠀⠀⠀WHAT CAN I say. the universe has impeccable timing. especially when it comes to screwing with me.

⠀⠀⠀"Amanda?"

⠀⠀⠀I say when I pick up the phone. I was genuinely confused as to why she would be calling me. We haven't spoken in weeks since the whole thing with her and Logan went down.

⠀⠀⠀"Hey Braylee, I figured it's about time we talked."

⠀⠀⠀confuses was an understatement. I gave Mason a look and he gave me a confused one in return, clearly curious as to what was going on.

⠀⠀⠀Come to think of it, I hadn't seen Amanda much recently. I guess I wasn't really looking for her either though, I had much bigger problems then to force someone into my life who clearly doesn't want to be there.

⠀⠀⠀"um... ok. What's up?"

⠀⠀⠀I genuinely didn't know what to say. Of course I didn't want to be in a fight with her but that was just my personality. I hated holding grudges and staying mad, it was incredibly tiresome.

⠀⠀⠀However, on the other hand, Amanda has treated me like shit so many times that I was just fed up with it all to be completely honest.

⠀⠀⠀"remember that day when we went out to  eat and I told you I had something to tell you about Logan?"

⠀⠀⠀I roll my eyes at the sound of his name and Mason snickers next to me.

⠀⠀⠀"yes."

⠀⠀⠀there's a pause on the other line and then some shuffling.

⠀⠀⠀"well I think it's about time we told you what's going on."

⠀⠀⠀I rub my hand on my forehead.

⠀⠀⠀"we?"

⠀⠀⠀"yeah, Logan is here with me."

⠀⠀⠀I take a moment to think and suddenly things start making more sense.

⠀⠀⠀"where exactly is here?"

⠀⠀⠀"Remember when I was telling you about that school I applied to?"

⠀⠀⠀now it was Logan talking. I assumed they put me on speaker so I set my phone down on the table between me and mason and did the same.

⠀⠀⠀of course I remembered. He told me one day that he applied to those prestige school in France in hopes of getting a soccer scholarship. Logan wasn't the smartest person I'd ever met but he still has some pretty decent grades.

⠀⠀⠀I remember this time specifically because it was one of the few where it was just me and Logan hanging out. We rarely had times like that and I think this time it was because we were waiting for Amanda so we could go to the movies or something.