1:07ᴀᴍ

« Look at everything always as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time: Thus your time on earth is filled with glory. »
-Betty Smith-

█████████████████████

chapter one

IT WAS A rainy day.

⠀⠀⠀I couldn't resist the undeniable truth that I loved the rain. Something about it held an unspoken beauty and serenity. I raised my frail arm and turned my hand around so that my palm was facing the sky. I watched as slowly the rain drops hit the delicate skin resulting in a mini puddle in the palm of my hand. The thought made me smile and I looked up at the sky.

⠀⠀⠀In quite literally no time at all, my long light chestnut hair had become drenched by the rain; making it appear almost black. I could feel it sticking to my arms. This was a feeling I wouldn't give up for anything, it made me happy.

"Bee,"

⠀⠀⠀I look over to the familiar and comforting voice of none other than Miles Gray, My best friend.

"I know you love the rain, but can you at least put this on? I don't want you to get sick. You know I hate it when you're sick."

⠀⠀⠀It was true. When I get sick, which is quite often might I add, it takes a toll on everyone. It makes me feel worse than normal, which is ultimately a lot on its own.

⠀⠀⠀I smile lazily and take my pale pink rain coat from his grasp. He always kept it with him. We had this same conversation every time it rained. He always knew where I would be, and I always knew he would bring me my rain coat.

"Only for you Mills"

⠀⠀⠀He smiles at this. His dark auburn hair even darker now— if that's even possible — due to the rain. The stay hairs in the front that he would normally quiff up, are currently sticking to his forehead. I watched as he tucked his hands into the pockets of his hoodie, bowing his head to look at the ground. Without saying anymore he looks at me once more with his soft hazel eyes before turning around and heading back to his house that was placed right next to mine. I stay in my place standing in the middle of the driveway with my raincoat on. Taking in every aspect of the rain that I could.

Miles hates the rain.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⟨ AUTHORS NOTE ⟩

hello! I hope you are enjoying the story so far, and if you are; thank you for making it all the way here! I am truly honoured. This is my new book that I am very excited to write. It will be quite different from typical love stories because that is not the message focus at all.

a little about the book.
I'm going to be taking my time writing this with careful detail; however, there may be some grammar and spelling mistakes that I kindly ask you to ignore as I will fix them all once I finish the story.

Each chapter shall start with a quote that I feel relates to what's about to happen, whether it be a lyric, a saying, a message etc. There will also be a time as the chapter. A time that has a hidden significant meaning you will discover if you make it to the end :)

I'm very excited to start this book and I hope
You are excited to read it. I know this chapter was incredibly short but a fair warning that the chapters to follow will be quite long. This is mainly a filler to get you to decide whether to keep reading or not.
[which I hope you decide to do]

I'm going to do my best to update every Saturday. Unsure of how that will work out but I'm very determined to follow through on that.

anyways, that's all for now. thanks for reading :)

—t