1:45ᴘᴍ

« the pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; and the realist adjust the sails. »

-William Arthur Ward-

█████████████████████

chapter thirteen

IT WAS HALFTIME. That was the term used in football anyways.

⠀⠀⠀I never really got that though, why call it half time if they play in quarters? well I guess since there is two quarters in each half and 2/4 is the same as -- oh.

⠀⠀⠀I guess it does make sense.

⠀⠀⠀I walked over to the small concession stand alone because my only friend at the moment was part of the game, and Amanda... well, who knows whats up with her.

⠀⠀⠀After I ordered my small fries I laughed to myself. it seemed that most of the time I was either eating something or complaining to someone. I didn't really do much else.

⠀⠀⠀I started walking back towards my seat. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to support Miles but I already knew he would do well, he always did. I secretly wanted to check up on Mason and see how he was doing. I felt really bad after what went down between us, but I had no idea how he felt. It had been a week since we last talked and a week since Miles came out to me. We were still trying to figure that one out, but I told him no matter what happened: I'd be by his side. That's what best friends are for.

⠀⠀⠀I think after he told me I started crying and he got all scared because he thought I was like not supportive or something which was completely ridiculous. I was in awe at how brave he was and how he could finally be himself and it just made me like a bajillion times more proud to be his best friend. After like twenty minutes of us reassuring each other that everything was good and we were good, we headed home (he drove) and watched Netflix all night and he spilled popcorn all over my bed but we were both too lazy to clean it up so we just slept in it. I woke up smelling all buttery and had to take a forty five minute shower and i'm still cringing at all the water I wasted. It was a big whole mess but I mean, are you even best friends if you aren't a mess?

⠀⠀⠀I smiled though because for once, everything seemed to be going well. Well except my relationship with Mason. And also that whole thing with Amanda... come to think of it I haven't really talked to Cason either, I mean we were never really that close but we were friend-like.

⠀⠀⠀Okay, you know what, I guess things were far from normal.

⠀⠀⠀I sat in silence for the rest of the game, aside from getting up to jump and congratulate with the rest of the people supporting my school whenever we scored a touchdown. I was pretty consumed by my thoughts that I didn't realize the game was over until I looked around me and everyone had left or was leaving. I began to stand up and as soon as I did, Mason nearly tackled me to the ground.

⠀⠀⠀Okay, slight exaggeration. It was more like a subtle nudge but my head was still in the game, ok? troy bolton, take notes.

⠀⠀⠀"you came"

⠀⠀⠀he stated. I simply nodded my head and looked down at my shoes. I frowned, I was really questioning my choice in footwear. Why didn't I wear my black vans? It would have been so perfect with this outfit!