Chapter 5

"It started when I was 10" I took a shaky breath. "My mom was an alcoholic and my dad wasn't in the picture. My step dad was abusive. He would come home late every night and he'd beat me, but one night he.."

Flash back...
I was laying in my room when I heard the front door open, I heard footsteps till they stopped out my door like they did every night. My door slowly creaked open I closed my eyes pretending to be asleep. He come over and sat at the end of the bed. I felt his hand on my leg as he slowly moved it up to my thigh "I know your awake" suddenly I felt his hand slip in my panties and I did the only think I could think of. I slapped him. "Your going to regret that princess" then he hit me and everything turned black. I woke up on the floor naked
End of flashback...
"He raped me Zane...he-he took everything from me!!" I couldn't help it I was now an emotional wreck, I curled in a ball and started hyperventilating I've never spoken about this to anyone.

"Hey Ashley!" Zane cupped my face and made me look at him. "Look at me okay? Breath. In and out, in and out" I don't know how Zane did it but I did as he said and he managed to bring me out of my attack. "Is there anything else I should know?" There was a couple things but it didn't matter right now so I shook my head "let's go see my mom, she made breakfast and she was really worried about you" I nodded and followed him to the kitchen. I saw his mom and dad and three other guys but one stood out. It was the guy who touched me on the kitchen. He has a black eye and a busted lip. He smirked up at me and I shuddered. This guy seriously gives me the creeps, out of instinct I moved closer to Zane and he wrapped his arm around me tighter and smiled down at me.

"Oh sweetheart I was soo worried about you!! Don't you ever do that again, your going to give this little old lady a heart attack!!" His mom gushed and walked over and hugged me tightly. I've never had a real mom who was affectionate, this felt nice so I hugged her back just as tight.

"I'm so sorry Mrs..."

"O my gosh Zane you haven't told this young lady out last name!!!" Zane just shrugged and muttered 'it never came up'

"I'm Mrs.Satini" she hugged me again she handed me my plate of food and I took a seat beside Zane and across the mystery guy. He looked at me and gave me another creepy smirk and I continued to eat ignoring it. Suddenly a knock on the door caught everybody's attention.

I stood up hurriedly "I'll get it!" Not wanted to be stared at any longer I walked over to the door and opened it.

Zane's POV

I saw the looks Charles was giving Ashley. I kept glaring at him but he didn't care, I could tell Ashley was nervous sitting in the kitchen with his presence suddenly the there was a knock at the door and Ashley stood up really quick and said she would get it. I let her knowing she didn't want to be here any longer. She walked towards the door, suddenly an ear piercing scream caught all of our attention and we all ran to the door. Ashley was sitting in the corner with her legs to her chest having another panic attack. I
Looked over and saw a box on the floor, when I opened I was so pissed it was a whip and inside the box was a note.

I'm back and I'm coming for you..