Soundcheck and Confessing a Secret

Start from the beginning

*Ariel's POV*

"Where's Liam?" I asked as soon as the boys got back from soundcheck.

"Simon had to talk to him." Zayn said as he plopped down on the couch.

"By the way, Niall Amanda is down for a nap." Aubrey stated.

Niall just nodded as he plopped down on the couch next to Zayn. Louis and Harry plopped down on the second couch. All of us were relaxing, just talking. But to be honest, in the back of my mind, I couldn't wait for Liam to get back. I have been excited to see him ever since he left for soundcheck. I don't know why, but every time I'm with him, I get these butterflies in my stomach. I know it's crazy, but ever since we started spending time together, we've grown so much closer.

"Oh hey, there comes Liam." Aubrey whispered in my ear as he walked towards the bus.

"There you are. I was beginning to think you didn't want to hang out with me." I said as Liam entered the bus.

I slightly smiled when my comment made him blush and I thought I saw a slight smile on his face. But that was gone as quick as it came once the boys started hysterically laughing. Liam quickly made his way to boys continued to laugh at him. And as he passed by, I thought I saw tears brimming his eyes ready to escape.

"What was that about?" I said in all seriousness.

The boys continued to laugh harder. I shot Aubrey a questioning look in hopes she knew why they were laughing. But she just shrugged.

"Can someone please answer my question?" I asked in annoyance. But this caused the boys to laugh harder.

"You saw that he was ready to cry, right?" Aubrey said, managing to whisper in my ear. I nodded.

All of the sudden, I saw a look in Aubrey's eyes that you do NOT want to see. Let's just say she was mad.

"All of you shut it right now or so help me I will make sure the only one performing tonight will be Liam." Aubrey said in a firm tone and all of them immediately stopped laughing.

All of them looking pretty terrified. I think they see the look in her eyes that I see whenever she gets angry.

"Now you will answer Ariel's question. And if I hear a single chuckle, I will make sure that we leave you here and you can find your way to the next venue." Aubrey threatened.

"I don't think we can tell you that." Harry said with slight fear in his voice.

"And why is that?" I asked in confusion.

"Because he would be totally embarrassed if we told you." Zayn replied.

"Really? Like you boys didn't embarrass him a moment ago?" Aubrey asked with slight anger in her voice.

"That's different." Niall replied with fear in his voice.

"How is it different? You're still embarrassing him either way, right? So why not tell us what that was all about and why Liam looked like he was about to cry as he literally ran past us." I said, my tone being a cross between annoyed and angry,

As soon as I said those words, all four of those boys had a guilty look on their faces.

"Well, we're waiting." Aubrey stated impatiently.

"Okay, if we tell you, you guys have to promise us that you won't be weird about it." Louis said frantically.

"Weird about what?" I asked.

"Just promise." Louis said quickly.

"Fine, we promise." Aubrey said.

"Now tell us." I said impatiently.

"At soundcheck today, Liam was a bit distracted. Kept either coming in late in the song or missing his part all together. It was like he was day dreaming or something." Harry explained.

"Yeah, so, he was having an off day. So what?" Aubrey asked in a confusing tone.

"Is that really why you guys were laughing at him?" I asked in confusion.

"No, you didn't let him finish." Louis whined.

"Okay, then finish." Aubrey said in annoyance.

"So after awhile of Liam constantly daydreaming, we finally asked him what was up with him." Zayn said.

"But as you two very well know, he didn't answer. And to completely honest, I think this time he was staying quiet because he was hoping that we would forget about him and just continue on with soundcheck. But us being us, we pressed him." Niall continued.

"I finally got a sense of what might have been on his mind. And when I said it out loud, Niall, Louis, Zayn, and I started hysterically laughing. And when he didn't deny it, we started laughing harder." Harry stated.

"Well, what was it?" I asked.

"What was what?" Louis asked.

"What was on his mind?" I asked, clarifying my previous question.

The four of them quickly looked at each other with questioning looks before looking back at me nervously.

"Ariel, you were on his mind?" Louis said.

"What?" I asked in disbelief. "Why would I be on his mind?"

"Do you really not know?" Harry asked in confusion.

"Obviously not." I replied.

"Ariel, Liam likes you. A lot." Zayn told me, leaving me sitting there in shock.

He likes me back?

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

I hope you guys liked this chapter.

I'm going to be writing the next chapter, so hopefully I'll publish it soon.

Once again, let me know what you guys think of Liam and Ariel.

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Thanks!