Chapter 18- Wooden Spoons are Dangerous

Third Person POV-

It had been awhile now since the kids left their house to get food for their guest. This fact made said guest very anxious. He had an iffy feeling about something for some reason. After much time, Shisui heard the door open and close as two...wait no...three? Three sets of footsteps where heard throughout the house. Shisui got up from his position on the bed where he had been sitting, waiting for the children to return. He walked out of the room he had been in with one hand on the wall, feeling his way around, heading to where he had heard the footstep as well as sensing chakra come from. As he got closer, he felt a very familiar charka come from one of the three entering the house, recognizing it immediately. Shisui walked into what he presumed as the living room, and heard a gasp come from one of the children.

"SHISUI!" He knew that voice all too well. Struck with immediate relief at hearing that voice, tears ran down Shisui's face as he felt Sasuke's charka come towards him. The older boy fell to his knees as he engulfed Sasuke in a hug, which was gladly returned. Sasuke gripped his older cousin's shirt tightly as tears of joy and sadness intertwined, weaving a path down the young boy's face.

"Shisui! Ita-Itachi..." Sasuke tried to tell his cousin the horror that had just happened, but more emotions then the young boy could possibly handle where flooding his senses all at once. He was more than relieved to see his cousin, but he was also still trying to coup with the heartbrokenness that came with the events he just experienced.

"Shhh...it's okay." Shisui said as he patted Sasuke's head, trying to calm the boy down. "So he did it. It's...it's done."

Even with the encouragement of his beloved family member to calm down, Sasuke couldn't, he just had to tell him. He just had to.

"Mom and dad! Itachi-" Yet again a sob racked through the young boys body causing him to stop. Shisui was heartbroken hearing his favorite little baby cousin so torn up and upset like this. Knowing so much more about the situation then him made it all the worse, Shisui wanted to tell him, wanted to help, but all the young man could do was hold his cousin, and that left a fire in him. A fire of guilt. Shisui was so caught up with everything; he almost didn't catch the small sniffle that did not come from Sasuke, but from the other occupants of the room. Shisui looked up into the direction of the other charkas in the room. It was the children from before. "So they know Sasuke. Huh.... It may be a possibility then, that they knew Itachi as well."

"Sasuke.." Mercy said softly, her voice very weak and timid, Shisui recognized. "I'm...I'm-" She was interrupted by a small quieted cry of her own. Sasuke's head snapped up hearing her so upset, yes he was in a turmoil of his own but... he couldn't let Mercy suffer because of him. She had already done so much. Sasuke's little hands tightened in to a fist, clenching so hard that his knuckles turned white.

"Mercy, please." Naruto tried to calm down his sister. He was worried for her, she was already so weak from all of today's events, if she got any more worked up, he feared she'd end up hurting herself or worse.

"He's Right Mercy, please it's okay. You did all you could." Sasuke said letting go of his cousin to go to the sweet little girl.

"NO! If I was—If I was just-!" Sob after sob crashed down onto the poor child, from grief, anger, tiredness, and so much more as she tried to take all the burdens of her family and put its weight on her own tiny shoulders.

Shisui listen to the exchange between all of them. He was slightly confused on why the girl was so upset and why she was apologizing so much, but it did warm his heart to hear such kind people looking after his adorable little cousin.