Lucy's admiral smile beamed at me, making me smile back.

"You feeling comfortable back in the guild?" she queers.

I nod in response, "Yeah but issue is-we're so broke." I scratch the back of my head, "I don't have any money and I'm living off Natsu's jewels."

She smirks, "Lemme guess, you feel bad?"

My small sheepish nod makes her giggle. "Pretty. But it's not good to do a job right now, everyone else keeps taking them," I huff. I then notice Lucy wasn't as focused as all the others, I wonder why.

"Hey Luce, are you not trying for S-Class this year?"

Lucy closes her eyes with a kind smile. She admits with a chuckle, "I didn't even know until today's rush. So, I think it's too late."

Levy's youthful voice pikes up, her nose leaving the heavy book in her hands. "Don't be so anxious girl," Levy encourages, "take a job and prove yourself. There's plenty of time."

"Levy's right, you're an amazing Celestial Wizard," Popi implies. Lucy awes at my partner, gently taking Popi in her arms and giving the lemon Exceed a cuddle. Over this past week, Popi had shown an attachment to Lucy and vice versa. The starry blonde fed her heaps of apples, bought her apple sweets and got along great. We joked for the week that she was taking my partner away but it was all in good banter. It warmed my heart to know that Popi, a once shy Exceed, was breaking out of her shell and making new friends without my doing. She gets anxious whenever she parted with me, Edolas must've helped her in that case.

"Maybe," Lucy gives in ruffling Popi's head, "I do need the rent money."

My eyes glance down to Popi, she seemed to be reading my mind, my Exceed nodding in approval. Popi shifted her neck so she was looking up to Lucy's chocolate brown eyes. "Hey Lucy, do you want to go on a job with us?" Popi offers.

Lucy's facial expression shifted in surprise. "M-me?" she stammers, "Are you sure? I mean, I don't want to slow you guys down," she trails off in fear of being a burden.

"Nonsense," I reply gently, "you're apart of the team too. Natsu, Gray, and Happy are busy; Erza's off doing who knows what, I'm scared to know. I haven't seen Wendy or Carla in a while too. Besides, don't be so hard on yourself. From the wizard's I've seen on my travels, being a Celestial Wizard is tough. I'd love to see your magic in action."

There was a glimmer of admiration in Lucy's eyes, as she clenched her fist in confidence. "I guess you're right, I'm not doing anything else today besides reading. It can be a girl's day!"

I laugh in response. I overhear the guild doors behind me squeak open, I glance overseeing Wendy hold Carla in her arms. She enters the guild with a polite youthful smile, "Are you guys going on a job?" Wendy asks us.

I nod with a smile, looking down towards Wendy's gaze, "Yeah, we're all broke and need some cash. Wendy, do you want to come?" I openly offer. Wendy agreed with an enthusiastic nod and a cute smile. Even Carla agreed with a simple statement, "Well, I do feel comfortable knowing a strong and smart wizard like (Y/N) is there to help Wendy, so I don't see why not."

Popi smiles in Lucy's arms, "Awesome! Levy do you want to come?"

Levy looks to the lemon feline and gives a polite shake of the head, "No thank you, I'm studying this book right now. I'm feeling pretty motivated so I might just stay here."

"You got his Levy," I encourage, "you're the smartest one here."

I gently take Popi out of Lucy's soft grasp, holding her in my own arms. "We should get a job before it's too late."

I step towards the reckless board with the three other girls behind me. The job papers leaving as quick as they came. It was all a chaotic mess I was glad not to be a part of. I just reach forward, leaning over a wizard and snatch a job. I call dibs on it to stop anyone else from snatching it. I fall out of the crowd and read it to myself.

I look back up to the group to summarise the job, "Just outside of town, there's a Wyvern stealing people's crops. If we can defeat it, we get 750,000 jewels. How about it?"

Lucy tilts her head in doubt, "Are you sure just three girls and two cats will be alright? We've once tried to take one on before as a team and it proved to be quite difficult."

Popi snickers faintly, I smirk in confidence tapping my temple with my index finger. "Don't worry, I've taken some down before. Alone. This will be a synch."

"Don't forget, (Y/N)'s super smart and always has a plan. She won't let you go in recklessly," Popi brags.

Wendy reassures Lucy, "Popi's right. I don't think it'll be like last time."

"Erza isn't really the best with plans," Wendy whispers the last part quietly. In fear of Erza's earshot.

"Tell me about it," Lucy grumbles. Her emotions shift with a relieved smile, "(Y/N)'s amazing. We'll be fine."

I gush over all the praise, feeling slightly overwhelmed. "Aw thanks, Luce, shall we get going?"

"Yeah," they all agree.

I inform Mirajane about the job we'll be taking so she knows where we are. She records the information letting me go as I walk out the guild following the other girls. We leave the guild's doors and agree to go our separate ways to get ready and pack any necessities. It was unsure how long the job may take. However, if my calculations were correct, it shouldn't take longer than the rest of the day but, it was good to pack a sleeping bag and a spare change of under. You never know what could happen, especially as a Fairy Tail wizard. I grasp Sanda's book, fitting it in my white bag. I jog towards my kitchen grabbing an apple, I grab a kitchen knife and cut it into small pieces. In a small bag, I tie the ends tossing it towards Popi. She catches it and puts it in her little clip on satchel bag.

The house was empty, Natsu was out doing countless of jobs with his buddy, Happy one after another during the daylight hours. Since I came to his life, he was further motivated to be an S-Class wizard. Whenever the guild closed for the night, cutting off the jobs, Natsu trained hard. He wouldn't stop if it wasn't for me calling him and encouraging him to eat and rest. That fire breather was always on the move, he would continue to be until he made S-Class. That's how determined he was. Natsu and Happy were absent, so I locked up the house leaving the spare key hidden in a place I know Natsu would find it. Popi rested, perched on my shoulder with a new set of clothes she attires, courtesy of Lucy. A small red skirt suiting her lemon fur and a little red crop top so her tail and wings were left to be free yet her clothes kept her modesty.

I arrived at the infamous sakura tree, where we all agreed to meet up prior to the job. I noticed we were the last ones to arrive, jogging towards them. I stopped in the small crowd, Lucy giggles, "I forgot you live in the town's borders."

I scratch he back of my head, slight atonement, I chuckle under my breath. "Yeah my bad, shall we get going?"

They all agreed, the job paper held in my hands gazes my attention. I read the contents once more, heading towards the edge of town towards the place that published the job.