36

I'm sorry everyone for the late update but I got to be honest with you all. I just got out of the hospital this morning after collapsing on Thursday. For the last few years, I've been battling anemia which is little to no iron in the bloodstream which affects the blood cell count. Mine has come incredibly low that my body was so fatigued that it shut down. I know some of you are a little annoyed that I didn't update on Saturday and I'm incredibly sorry about that. I've been really stressed out lately with things going on that I'm just not feeling the motivation to write. I'll be going on a bit of a break, I hope you all can forgive me as I try to get better and restore my iron levels. You all are so incredibly supportive and I'm sorry I don't get the chance to reply to some of you but I love each and every single one of you. Love you all and enjoy this chapter I put a lot of work into it so I hope it's okay. Xxoo

Word Count: 2060

---(Y/N)'S POV---

One week. Seven days. One hundred and sixty-eight hours I had been home for. My fellow members of the guild rushing pedantically in and out of the guild doors. In empty-handed, out with a paper in their hands. Jobs written in those papers. The member's all taking them were seeking to prove. To prove themselves in last minute timings that their individual skills and intelligence were compatible for S-Class rank. I knew some minor members of the guild stood no chance, having lack thereof intelligence or awareness. An important lesson to be an S-Class wizard, there are times to rise up and there are times to stand down. Gildarts taught me that five days ago. An S-Class wizard can determine when those times are right or wrong, with intelligence, you can make those calls. With tactical skills, you can make that call even earlier prior to seeing the source. Something I hold and differ from the other S-Class wizards; Erza, Mirajane, Gildarts-even Laxus back in the day.

My fingers shifted between Popi's strands of fur across her cheek, her whiskers poking me faintly. Her purrs in delight on my shoulder make me giggle.

I was completely broke. Penniless. In desperation for work at seemingly the worst time. I hadn't been on a single job since I came back, I felt guilty for this week. I'd been living off Natsu's income of jewels and some of the team's. Natsu didn't push me back to work quickly, much to my guilty pleas. His stubbornness suggesting I take my time to get comfortable with my newly recovered body and mind.

But the truth was, I felt bored sitting around at the guild or our home.

I needed to take a job and finally get some jewels-especially to pay off that stupid council fine. It seemed it was the worst time to be desperate for a job.

Like I said, there were so many mages taking on jobs that there was barely any left on the board. The jobs ripping off one by one before I could even think of taking one.

With Popi on my shoulders, I walked into the guild noticing Lucy and Levy sat together at a table, each with different books in their hand. Levy seemed deep in thought in her readings. Lucy seemed in a trance and daydreaming with leisure.

I suppose Lucy finished a chapter in her book, she closed the book and looked up from the pages. Our eyes met, noticing my presence a friendly smile stretched across her face. Her arm rose, waving to me. I politely return the welcoming gesture, stepping towards her with a small skip in my step.

"(Y/N), Popi, good morning," she bids, a small gasp escaping her lips as she gushes looking me up and down. "(Y/N) that outfit looks so good on you."

Three days ago, I was so bored I hung out with Lucy. It was an oxymoron; a great and horrible idea. She was fed up with the same dirty attire I dawned and dragged me into the markets on a shopping spree to replenish my empty baron wardrobe. We didn't buy a lot, being short on jewels and my lack of desire to have so many items. We managed to devise a primary outfit for myself which I can say was a success. It looked best with my (H/L) (H/C) hair flowing freely in its loose state. My visible shoulders clothed with an (F/C) off the shoulder shirt with black sleeves, its ends tight resting on my wrists, Black capris hug my waist, comfortably hoisted up by a white belt with a silver buckle while some chic brown knee length boots covered my feet from the ground. My mother's black choker still comfortable on my neck made me feel safe and focused on my goals. And lastly, a crossbody white beg rested on my hip. The idea was so simple it was perfect-I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it sooner. It made it so much easier for Popi to perch herself across my shoulder or even just chill in my bag mostly stocked with apples. On the trip, Lucy convinced me to buy an (F/C) dress for 'just in case' purposes and a few backup clothes in case my attire gets wrecked. Most of our jewel was spent of undergarments-ladies, you can never have enough.