Why do I do this to myself? I keep crying D:

Happy birthday Titania_Erza123! Have an incredible day and I hope you really enjoy this chapter dedicated to you :))

Music Link: Fairy Tail-Main Theme {Piano Version}

Word Count: 2713

---NATSU'S POV---

I hear (Y/N)'s footsteps behind me stop. I seemed to be the only one to notice as the group continued walking towards the cemetery. I turned to face (Y/N), her wet (H/C) hair sticking to her face. She seemed miserable and worried.

Concerned for her I ask, "Something the matter?"

She seemed to be in a small trance, looking at the bricked path against our feet. I safely assumed she was recalling her last three years in Edolas. She didn't need to tell me the whole story, I knew she must've been in so much pain and heartache. Feeling alone, with no magic to help or friends and family by her side.

As much as I wanted to see Lisanna reunite with Mira and Elfman, I'd rather stay by (Y/N)'s side. I'd never tell her to her face, but (Y/N) was my priority. True, Lisanna was a close friend to me but the friendship I shared with Lisanna was nowhere near as close as my bond to (Y/N).

Her face was torn, debating if she should lie or not. She always looked to the left when she lied, she knew I was aware of her lies. She admits the truth, "I'm about to be reunited with everyone back at the guild I call my home. And I don't feel excited like I did before...Natsu, is that bad? I'm...scared like they won't accept me anymore."

Her voice trailed off into a tremble, making me feel guilty. I hate seeing someone so beautiful cry. The crying rain hid away (Y/N)'s tears-but, not her sobs. Lost in comfort, (Y/N)'s soft hands wrap around my chest pulling me close. With no hesitation, I hug her back, knowing she needed emotional support. It didn't bother me how close we were, (Y/N) needed someone there and I always will be. Her messy hair hid her face in the crook of my neck, crying into my shoulder. "Why am I scared Natsu?" she whimpered.

"You're not scared," I whisper gently in her ear. My hands around her waist pull her closer, almost lifting her off the ground. I explain truthfully, "You're worried that you'll lose us again, you won't. I promise."

I lean back slightly, cupping her cheeks in my hands, noticing a faint tinge of red in her cheeks. "I'm not going to let that happen."

Her eyes puffy and red smile with her lips, "Thank you Natsu."

I quirk my eyebrows, "What for?"

She looks at my scarf, her hands against my chest twisting the fabric through her fingers. "Everything, everything we've been through from just kids to now. The thought of losing you forever scarred me, I was never verbally thankful for having you in my life. But I am, I really am. You inspire me so much, I-I really care about you and I want you to know that."

I took in everything she said, coming to the conclusion that (Y/N) was finally home. No matter how much she drove me insane, I cared so much about her. I always want to see her smile and cry tears of joy, not sadness.

"I know," I smile noticing a fuzzy feeling in my chest. She wrapped her arms around my neck, startling me slightly. I balance us, hoisting her small frame off the floor just holding her close. I was gentle, afraid I'd break a bone in her body if I crushed her any tighter.

The two of us didn't even notice the group stopped walking until Lisanna tapped (Y/N)'s shoulder startling her against my neck.

"(Y/N), we never forgot about you. No one did, for a whole year the guild was in grief when you left," Lisanna spoke kindly, noticing (Y/N)'s tear present eyes. (Y/N)'s grip on me fell, her body with a slight limp as she cried harder in guilt, "Don't worry about me. You need to reunite with your brother and sister. Sorry I was selfish and stopping you."