34

We've reached #744 in Fanfiction! Thanks so much also we're so close to 50k reads :)) This one's more of a filler chapter but, it really gives off a new perspective of your 'confused' friendship towards Natsu.

Word Count: 1816

---3RD PERSON'S POV---

With every step you took, a limp beat-up Natsu was being dragged by his ear as you continued to trudge along the path to Magnolia. The pissed off expression drawn on your face was on the extreme levels.

After Lucy witnessed your arrest, she ran to find Natsu (in her apartment for who knows why) and told him of the news. Which in turn made him jump up and come running, chasing your scent. And Natsu being well, Natsu, caused damage unto the new Council which is now under your name for supposedly inviting a third party and now you face charges of a one million jewel fine.

When that was announced, let's just say, you were not happy.

Speaking of Happy, even the blue tomcat tagged along wanting to remove your name from arrest. He helped the pyro get here faster as Popi was beside them, however, trying to reconcile and calm them down. Issue being, once Natsu made up his mind in anything there was no going back from it. Including his desire to protect you at all costs. You were somewhat flexible with it, he, not so much.

Here you are, dragging an unconscious Natsu back to the guild with Happy's tail in your hands as he cries and pleads continuously for mercy. "(Y/N) we're sorry please spare me!" Happy pleads, "it was all Natsu's idea and he bribed me with fish! How could I say no?!"

You tried your best to be the calm and mature person here, you breathe sharply through your nose. Managing your self-control you grunt, "It was all just a misunderstanding and I was about to be let off free. Heck, as the case was dismissed you thought to just barge right in huh?" Now your voice was loud and almost yelling, "Well thanks to you two idiots I somehow call my family, I have to face definite further charges for your mistakes. Honestly, you two just can't stay out of my hair can you?"

Natsu's conscious self, squeaks faintly, "Well I did promise that I'd never let you leave my side."

His claims stop your feet from moving recalling his promises he's always made to you. He devotes his life to you, you may be stronger but he was always the first one to protect you in whatever circumstances. He was always the first one there for you when you needed someone. You two were attached at the hip. Whether at times you liked it or not, your life was devoted to him. Whenever he was in trouble, you'd be there to fight by his side-if anyone was going to end his life it would be you. And not even you could have the audacity to kill him.

You loved him, not like that. You weren't even sure what true love was...but you certainly didn't feel it towards Natsu of all people.

You shake your head in annoyance, your (H/C) hair tickling the back of your neck, "Yeah but sometimes there are things I have to do. On my own."

Natsu crossed his arms, leaning against the back of your leg, "What?! But we do everything together-"

You strike his head right where it hurts sending him back to dreamland. You drag Natsu over the hill, he wasn't heavy to drag along, you had your extreme strength but he was so much taller than you, it was difficult to carry him. And in your anger, you didn't want his route home to be a comfortable ride. His pants decorated with dirt from the road, his lips slightly parted, his sheer white scarf hugged at his neck. You giggle to yourself, aware of the effects this boy had on you.

Popi sat atop your head, leans forward so her face is directly in front of yours but upside down, "He is right y'know?"

You sigh aloud, rolling your eyes knowing what she's talking about. You did everything together, everything. You ate together, went on jobs together, slept together, you even used to bathe together. Nothing was hidden from either of you.