13: Tardy

"Erm, where do you want to go?" Beck asked, fidgeting as he looked at me

"The school on the left, please," I said, flashing him a small smile, and he grinned at me.

"Thank god it's the same direction we're heading to," Beck muttered, starting to drive a bit, and I stared at him blankly. This boy. . .

There was an awkward silence radiating off us. I didn't know what to say and he just looked ahead and kept on driving.

I never actually got to look at his face properly. His thick black hair was cropped neatly and fell right on his eyes, and his jawline sharp, and his high cheekbones stood out attractively and he had lips that were neither plump or non existent. He was skinnier than most of the boys I'd seen, almost as if he didn't eat enough. His green eyes had a slight dullness in them, as if he was sad or tired, but there was some genuine brightness in his smile. His right arm had a variety of tattoos on them, but it suited him. He looked beautiful.

"Done checking me out?" Beck ashed, raising his eyebrows, and I shook my head honestly.

"No," I said, and he seemed surprised by my honesty, "your tattoos seem interesting."

"There's nothing interesting about me," Beck said quietly while driving the car, refusing to meet my eyes, "and I honestly don't want people up in my business. So forgive me if I'm rude, I'm just not used to this. . ." he said, pointing between him and I, "talking to girls and everything."

I shrugged, giving him a half smile,"It's completely fine. I get weird around people too."

Beck flashed me a small smile, looking at me for just a few moments before his eyes were on the road again. "Glad to know that I'm not the only screw up."

I laughed, smiling, and I pointed towards Kyle's school, asking Beck to drop me off there. I got off the car, and I was about to go near Kyle's school, but I was interrupted by Beck.

"My stop is nearby," Beck offered,"do you want me to drop you back home?"

I shook my head and smiled softly, looking into his dark brown eyes, "it's alright Beck. I can manage. Thank you though."

Beck nodded and drove off while I just stared at him. I looked at the time, snapping from my thoughts and then I cringed.

I was nearly an hour late now.

Shit.

-

"Silver," Kyle growled, scowling at me while I offered him a sheepish smile and he continued giving me a deadly glare.