14: French Fries

"You're weird," Carl said, looking at me with utter disapproval as I picked my fingers from eating my fries

"You're weird," Carl said, looking at me with utter disapproval as I picked my fingers from eating my fries. The amount of salt is just so good.

"Thanks," I said, and I called the waiter, who sighed once more, probably exasperated with his job, and he came with a notepad and a grouchy look on his face.

Ouch.

"Listen up lady, I don't have much time and I frankly don't want any bullshit. What the fuck do you want and why are you calling me for the nth time?" He asked, his face having a permanent scowl that could compete with the Grinch.

Geez, why is he so salty?

Perhaps he needed a lay or he needed to suck a dick, I don't care.

I genuinely didn't care. I just wanted more fries.

"That's no way to speak to the customer," I said, looking at his name badge,"Chad."

Chad sighed out and scowled, and then he took deep breaths to calm down.

"Veey well," he said with his teeth grit, "what do you want?"

I looked at him and gave him a mocking smile while Carl cringed and facepalmed, hiding his face.

"Three large boxes of fries please," I said, and then the waiter widened his eyes, but he ordered it anyway. Not like he had a choice in the matter.

"So Chad," I looked at him, raising my eyebrows, "what's gotten your panties in a wad?"

Chad blushed a colour so red that I genuinely thought he added too much blush. "Nothing ma'am. It's just a bad break-up, that's all. I apologise for my behaviour."

I frowned at him, not appreciating the fact that he was working instead of eating ice cream at home, but each to one's own I guess.

"Chad."

"Yes ma'am?"

I chuckled at his sudden change of words, and Carl eyed me suspiciously, thinking, 'what the fuck is going on?'

"Order me two more fries and a cheese sandwich please," I said, and Carl raised his eyebrows, and Chad looked doubtful but he wrote it down anyway.

"Okay ma'am," Chad said, and I was surprised by how easily he could change his attitude, "it'll be here in ten minutes."

I smiled.

"Thank you."

After Chad left, Carl opened his mouth as if he was about to say something, but he kept quiet.

"What is it?" I asked him and he scowled, "why are your panties in a twist?"

"Correction. They aren't panties, they're boxers. And how much are you going to eat?" he asked, looking surprised.

I shrugged in response.

"I was actually about to offer it to Chad, because even though he broke up with his girlfriend, he came for work. And that's a great thing," I replied, and Carl nodded his head in understanding, and he looked at me, as if he wanted to ask something else.