01.

"So what is your full name?" I questioned looking down towards my daughter's small frame as she held onto my hand tightly.

"A'melia Dawson," she spoke up in her small voice.

I nodded, "mhm," I hummed agreeing with her. "And.. How old are you?"

"Five!" She shouted holding up her small spare hand. I giggled at her excitement. It was her first day of pre-k and I was rather nervous. A'melia was quite social with other children, I knew everything would go great for her. It's just I didn't want her to go but I couldn't let it be known cause then she'd change her mind and I'll upset her. That's the last thing I needed anyhow.

I walked her inside the semi-large building and signed her in. When we went to her classrooms and she ran over to some kids she already seemed to know.

"No hug?" I questioned and she sighed, rushing back over to me. I embraced her small self and closed my eyes I inhaled the scent of her Cantu for kids curling creme in her dark curly hair. I let her go moments later and adjusted her pink bow. "I love you mommy," she smiled with her many missing teeth. I nodded with tears in my eyes, "I love you too have fun my love."

She then rushed back off and I wiped my eyes, turning around and bumping into someone.

"My apologies ma'am," a voice said if guy around my age. He was quite handsome with a light brown skin like coffee which needed to be darkened.

"You're fine," I sent him a small smile and quickly exited the building. There was no need for me to meet her teacher we already had that event a week prior. I just didn't want to start balling my eyes out in front of her. I despised letting my baby girl see me cry. Cause then she'd cry and I'm more than sure she wouldn't know why she was crying but only because she knew mommy was hurting.

My phone rung as I began walking back towards the parking lot.

I reached in my fitted jeans and saw the screen flashed bro. It was none other than Kentrell probably wishing to talk to A'melia but it was already a bit too late for that. "Hey Trell?"

"Why you soundin' like that?" he questioned unsure about my tone of voice.

"What you want?" I asked as I reached my car door unlocking it. I entered and didn't bother to start the engine.

He kissed his lips, "you always got a fuckin' attitude.. Whea' Meli?"

"Today was her first day of school I told you that the other day," I informed with a smug look written across my face. Kentrell honestly only heard what he wanted to. "Well then brang yo ass over hea.."

I looked down at the diamond infested Rolex on my wrist seeing it was still rather early in the morning. "For what Kentrell?"

"We needa talk," he said slowly.

"We can talk right over this damn phone.."

He kissed his lips once more seeming to become fed up with me. "You always fuckin' playin'," I giggled to myself.

"Alright let me get us some food and then I'll stop by."

"Hurry up damn ole slow ass," he spat into the phone. I laughed to myself and ended the call. Instead of going over right after I grabbed breakfast I felt like I needed a refill and a polish change.

_____

"Trell," I knocked onto the door over and over. I breathee out in annoyance and pulled my phone out about to dial his number but suddenly the door opened. He stood there with some black colored boxers and red sweats hanging nearly under his ass. "Why you beatin' so hard?" He questioned rubbing at his thick nappy hair.