Eurus {Susanna}

"When can I meet Eurus?"

If Sherlock was caught off guard, Mycroft looks like he was hit by a bus, "Begging your pardon?" The elder Holmes asks.

"You heard me. I want to meet Eurus. She is a member of your family, after all, and if she is no longer dangerous then there shouldn't really be a problem."

"She hasn't spoken in months to anyone and hardly pays attention to others now." Mycroft says, as if to persuade me to not go.

"She doesn't have to talk if she doesn't want to. But she deserves to meet her brother's girlfriend and I deserve to meet your sister, Mycroft," I catch on, "This is the test, isn't it? You weren't sure if I'd be angry that you kept his name and your sister secret. And you, Mycroft, want to see if I would be afraid to meet Eurus."

"Not afraid, Susanna. I am determining the strength and will of your mind."

"It is strong, Mycroft." Sherlock interrupts.

"I'm still not worthy of your approval?" I clarify. Mycroft doesn't reply, "By what standards do you measure me, Mycroft, because I am trying to earn your approval and your support for our courtship."

"Approval. Such a sentiment is foreign to me, Susanna."

"You approved of me as Rosie's nanny." He gives me a stern look and I counter it.

"Are you truly interested in meeting Eurus?" Sherlock asks.

"Of course I am." I answer. He smiles gently at me, relieved that I am not upset with him. Then he looks at Mycroft.

"Susanna and Eurus will meet, brother mine."

"Very well," Mycroft responds a little coldly. He plays it off like that but he seems relieved, like Sherlock, "I will arrange it."

"Good. Now go." Sherlock directs. Mycroft stands up and straightens his suit.

"Good day, Blood."

He leaves as quickly as he came and Sherlock exhales deeply, "You aren't mad?"

"No. It wasn't malicious intent."

He presses on my back and I slip into his lap, "Thank you for understanding, Love."

December 6

I look around Sherrinford's darkened structure as Sherlock and Mycroft escort me to the lowest level where Eurus is. They are only giving me five minutes, supervised of course, with her. And I can't go in until after Mycroft and Sherlock have warmed her up. I glance at his violin case. He told me that he communicates with her through music- she taught him the violin- and implied that I might be able to reach her if I sing.

We reach a certain point and Sherlock turns around, "Wait here. Mycroft will come for you."

"Alright." He kisses my forehead and I watch him and Mycroft enter Eurus' cell. I take a deep breath and contemplate what I will actually do once I meet her.

In a minute the muffled sounds of a violin escapes the door. It is later joined by a second. They harmonize perfectly and I stand perfectly still, amazed by the richness of the melody combined. I close my eyes and absorb the notes, trying to get a sense of what Eurus is like from her music.

True, she is mentally unstable. But anyone would be after years of rejection and isolation. I hope that maybe, maybe, I might be able to befriend her.

The music grows louder and fades again. Shortly after I feel someone's presence, "Susanna, come." I open my eyes and find Mycroft there. Nodding, I follow him in.

When I enter I first see Sherlock, still playing the violin, and then my eyes settle on a chestnut haired woman, my height, with striking blue eyes and a light smile on her sharp features. Clothed in dark, faded white. Definitely a Holmes. No question.

I come to a halt beside Sherlock, smiling gently at Eurus. Her eyes lock onto me and she stops playing, "My Christmas Treat?" She asks somewhat skeptically and steps in my direction, "No. She's standing too close to Sherlock and not close enough to Mycroft. That smile... too friendly."

Sherlock and Mycroft are stunned. Sherlock stops playing and I smile a bit more. Hopefully this is a good sign, "Hello, Eurus."

"Has dear Sherlock actually learned from his emotional context puzzle?" She asks. Sherlock clears his throat.

"Eurus, this is Susanna Markwardt, my lover. She wanted to meet you. So yes, this visit could be considered your treat."

"Well you certainly picked a rather pretty one, brother. She looks quite intelligent and wise, even. Good," Eurus deduces, "Several brothers, split family through divorce. Likes cats and the color red. Dancer, Singer, Piano Player... Lover..," She fades off.

Sherlock repositions his violin and begins to play the foxtrot he composed for me. Eurus listens and after a minute lifts her own instrument, harmonizing. Hers and Sherlock's eyes fix and I watch them communicate silently. With one minute left, they end the song and Eurus comes up to the glass, holding up her hand and looking at me. I walk over and place my hand against the glass where hers is, "Hello, Eurus." I say again.

"Hello, Susanna," She smiles, "You are in love with my brother despite Mycroft's own meddling?"

I nod, "Yes. I love Sherlock very much, Eurus."

"Interesting. My brother is in love with someone who actually balances him," Her eyes soften, "You're intriguing."

"He tells me that often."

She laughs, "Not enough." I smile and chuckle.

"I'm glad to meet you, Eurus."

"I'm glad my brothers let you come. I like you. You're not dull and boring like others are." She says.

"Five minutes are up." Mycroft calls out sharply. I sigh.

"Goodbye, Eurus."

"Come back soon, dearie. I might want to keep you longer." We laugh together and I retreat from the glass, turning around and obediently leaving the room, followed by Mycroft. He walks me back to the Helicopter, where we wait for Sherlock.

When he finally joins us, he sits down and throws his arms around me, "She approves. She approves, Love."

I smile and hug him back, "I told you not to worry, Darling."

Thank you for reading!!