Coats {Susanna}

~October~

"Why did you bring me here, Susanna?" Sherlock asks as we walk into my brother's studio and boutique. He tries to walk back outside and I pull him back.

"Thomas just produced a line of coats and I need help choosing a couple. Usually I'd ask Brooklyn to help but you're much better with said garments then she is." I explain, smiling brightly. He blinks a couple times.

"Y-You want me to help you find a new coat?"

"Two is preferable but yes," I lean up to his ear, "Besides, you'll get to see me model them."

"Welcome, Sue Ann! I see you brought Sherlock with you." Thomas greets as he walks up. We exchange a hug and he shakes hands with Sherlock, who suddenly looks out of place. I take his hand in mine and clear my throat.

"I'm here to select a couple coats." He nods.

"Of course. I've got them ready for you. Come on," He leads us further into the studio, "This year I took your previous criticisms into account. Per your suggestions I changed up the materials to allow for maximum breathability, movement and fit."

"I look forward to trying them on, Thomas." He smiles and shows us into a large dressing room with a couple racks of various coats.

"I have to supervise our new seamstress so I'll leave you to the coat racks. When you find a few just let me know and I'll start on having them tailored."

"Thanks, Thomas." He clicks and exits the room.

"How did your brother get into the fashion industry?" Sherlock asks. I laugh as I hang up my purse and my jacket.

"He lived mostly with our father in London growing up but when he was with me and my Ma, we visited several cities where fashion was big. Like Paris, Los Angeles and New York City. He always liked dressing me up when we went shopping or even at home."

"I see." He takes a seat on one of the cushioned chairs and crosses his legs, watching me.

I hum and walk to the racks, starting to look through the selection. I pick out three to start with and hang them on a hook, "Sherlock, you could look through and pick out a few you like."

"Why?"

"Because you're my boyfriend and I'm giving you permission." I reply and try on the first coat. It's a deep grey double breasted trench coat made of water resistant fabric, with black trim and buttons. I walk to the mirror and examine myself. Not the best. It fits, but isn't me.

"No." Sherlock says as if reading my thoughts. I nod in agreement and take it off. I try on the next two and come up with similar conclusions. By now my darling boyfriend has picked four coats from the other rack, so I smile and hop to it.

The first is a deep blue pea coat. It's a cute design, but neither of us like it on me. The second is deep brown frock. Again, no. The third and fourth receive similar grades. So I sigh and we head back to the racks, "I know there's two in here that I'll like."

"Mm." Sherlock muses, sifting through the plastic covered articles with a sharp eye. In a few minutes there are five more coats between us and this time they're promising.

The third one I try on, one that I chose, is a single breast deep red princess coat with two red buttons and notch lapels that also has a detachable hood. It comes down to my knees and hugs my upper body down to my hips, where it flares out and accentuates my natural figure. I smile, "Sherlock." I turn and find him staring with a dusting of pink on his cheeks.

"I-I did."

"And..?"

"You look stunning, Love."

"Aww, thanks, Sherlock." I grin and he blushes. I quickly take it off and hang it on another peg, reaching for another.

"Try the black one." He suggests. I nod and pick it up. It's a mandarin collared, fitted black capelet coat that reaches my thighs, double breasted, with the cape extending to my elbows. Eight silver buttons. I put it on and smile.

"I like this one too, Sherlock. Good choice," I compliment. Sherlock blushes again, "I think I should look for one more though. One that's a lighter color?"

"Of course." We continue the process of trying on and rummaging the racks until we find a cyan blue peacoat with black buttons. Satisfied, I call Thomas in.

"Did you find the selection alright?" He asks.

"Yes. These three were the best, Thomas." I hold up the coats and he nods with a smile.

"Very well. I'll work on having them tailored for the final fit." I kiss his cheek.

"Thanks, Thomas."

"Anytime, sis." We bid adieu then Sherlock walks me outside. The crisp air of October hits me the moment I step past the studio doors and I shiver.

Suddenly I feel a warmth around my neck. My hand flies up in time to grasp Sherlock's leather covered one as it's adjusting his signature scarf; hot from being worn round his neck. I look up and he smiles, "Can't have you catching cold, lover mine." This is followed with an affectionate wink that turns my legs to jelly and casts a heavy blush over my face. My heart and soul burn with realization.

I'm in love with Sherlock Holmes.

I love him.

Thank you for reading!! Please vote and comment!