High Maintenance

WOW IM NOT DEAD?? a miracle.

-----

Gabriel sits on the small leather recliner placed by the TV in his apartment. He can't complain about the expensive rent, mostly because it has plenty of space for him and his tiny terrier, Rugby. Most of his family live on the same floor, including his twin brother and older siblings. Besides, a very important guest visits almost daily, and he can't move away from hi-

Ding!

"cOMING!" Gabriel shrieks, voice higher than usual. He realizes he's about a second from opening the front door with no pants on. He quickly runs to his room and throws on the nearest pair he finds that smell like they haven't been there for weeks.

"Hello?" comes the muffled voice of the person behind it. Gabriel scrambles to get the door, and he finally opens it. "You called for maintenance?"

Gabriel stares up at Mr. Hunky Handyman, almost drooling because he can get handy with me anyd-

"Gabriel?"

Gabriel starts sputtering, and then stiffly stands up straight. "Uh, the sink's not working again...."

"The bathroom or the kitchen?" Sam adjusts the toolbelt he has around his waist, and Gabriel's eyes follow it 

"Yes."

Sam scrunches up his face in confusion, but he just sighs and goes over to the kitchen first. Gabriel runs to pick up Rugby, who is now barking like Sam had killed his family or something. Gabriel watches Sam walk to the kitchen one first, opening the bottom cabinets to check out the underworkings of the sink.

Gabriel brings the tiny terrier up to eye - level, pointing at him with his hand, "Do not ruin this for us! Mr. Hunky Handyman is a nice man and I'm lonely!"

He looks back over to see Sam staring at him like he's crazy, "Uh, your kitchen sink seems to be fine. You said the bathroom was leaking?"

Gabriel nods, putting Rugby down and following Sam to the bathroom. He leans coolly against the doorframe and watches Sam bend over. 

"Gabe, this sink is fine too-" Sam turns around, sitting on the floor cross-legged, "This is the third time you've tried to get me to fix something that wasn't broken,"

"Three isn't bad!" Gabriel says, clasping his hands behind his back.

"Three times today is," Sam sighs.

"Maybe you won't have to see my face and my dumb dog as much if you'd meet me for coffee down the street?" Gabriel tries. Sam's face breaks out into a fond smile that sends Gabriel's heart rocketing out of his chest.

"I'd like that."

-----

i can hear you all yelling now;

"YOU DONT POST IN ALMOST A YEAR AND THEN YOU COME BACK WITH A SHITTY 400 WORD ONESHOT WHAT THE HELL?"

im not really sure why i don't post here anymore, but i think after i try to clean up the few drafts i have saved for this oneshots book, that's it. im thinking of a destiel oneshots book though. also i do better writing on AO3: remedyrogue

-rem