New Friend

a/n: woops im posting this during my lunch period

requested awhile ago by @TentenSakura898
-----

Sam and Gabriel never thought much of their 10 year old son, Adam, when he would leave to the backyard and stay there for hours on end with the family dog, Libra. Why the dog's name was Libra, well, the family really didnt have an answer for that.

"Samster? Doesn't it bother you that Adam doesn't talk to us a lot anymore?" Gabriel sat on a tall barstool, resting his elbows on the kitchen island. The stool made him taller than he would be if he was standing. Sam was facing the counter, preparing lunch for the family.

Sam shrugged. "He's adventurous. As long as he doesn't do anything reckless or too dangerous." As much as Sam really tried not to show it, he had an unhealthy complex which could only be compared with Dean's extreme overprotectiveness over him. Sam thought it was just an annoying trait, but it proves to be useful.

"He's a nephilim, how much trouble can he really dream up for himself and Libra?" Nephilims, or angel-human hybrids, only possess superstrength and the ability to see an angel or demon's true face (Gabriel hated that because on more than one occasion had Adam called Gabriel's true form 'ugly')

However, replace the angel part with archangel, and these new nephilims have the ability to alter reality. However, Adam didnt seem to have any intentions on the destruction of the world, he just makes cartoon characters pop up in the living room and gives himself candy whenever he wants.

"He turned the backyard into 'Goo Lagoon' while we had guests over." Sam deadpanned. Dean seemed to enjoy that too much. That probably bothered Sam more than anything else in that situation did.

"Well the guests enjoyed it." Gabriel shot back, attempting to defend his son's powers, which were his fault to begin with.

The conversation stopped when Adam opened the sliding door, the big golden retriever following. The boy was carrying something wrapped in a blanket.

"Hi dads." He greeted. He continued to walk into his bedroom, before Gabriel stopped him.

"Hey kiddo?" Adam turned around, and Libra sat down, wagging his tail excitedly and looking completely confused. "What's in the blanket?"

"Libra's new friend. He fancies him." The kid picked up british lingo, most likely when he imagined up himself a world that made Doctor Who reality tv instead of science fiction. The world didn't stay long enough for him to pick up an accent.

"Who is his new friend?" Sam asked, finishing up lunch and setting plates in front of the two stools for Gabriel and Adam.

"Its a surprise." The blanket suddenly made a noise, and the blanket began to slip off, revealing something slick and brown. Adam quickly sped off, Libra romping off after him.

Gabriel answered the question before it even fell from Sam's mouth.

"Its a platypus."

Sam started choking on his sandwich. He finay composed himself after Gabriel got up to rub his back. "A what?"

"A platypus." Gabriel repeated, sitting back on the stool and taking a bite of his own sandwich.

"How do you know? You didn't even see it."

"I know. Trust me, I made it."

"You... made the platypus?" Sam looked confused.

"Once upon a time I was annoying my dad and he gave me a whole bunch of spare parts. I just stuck stuff together and here we are." He shrugged, and Sam cringed at his husband's use of the phrase 'spare parts'

"You probably made spiders too." Sam snorted, taking a bite of his sandwich.

"No, actually." Gabriel replied. "I made centipedes."

Sam choked.

"You think those things were really supposed to have like a bazillion legs? Michael was making a whatever AND I took as many legs as I could and just stuck them everywhere." Gabriel rambled on and Sam once again cringed at the comparison between living body parts and Legos.

Adam ran from the bedroom to the bathroom, Libra romping in behind him. There was the noise of a faucet being turned on, and then a loud splash.

"Is he putting the platypus into the bath tub?"

"Probably."

Sam and Gabe just put down their food and walked towards their child's shenanigans, just like an orchestrated dance.

-----

expect both smut and a thanksgiving oneshot soon (but not in the same oneshot)

also my fACE:

this picture is a month old btw.

negative comments will be deleted :)

-rem ☆