Chapter Seven: Romania

Jeremy flopped his head back onto the wall of the boat, the hull was slick with rain and the motion of the ocean was beginning to make them all rather sick. "Where're we going again?" he asked, cold and a little loopy from dehydration.

Jackie groaned. "Bianca said we're going to Romania," he said, "Now if you'll excuse me..." he pointed to his stomach and leaned over the railing to throw up yet again. Jeremy sighed, feeling like he was about to puke as well.

"I have relatives there," Bianca spoke in a small voice, speeding up the engine with her magic, forcing the shadowy water to pull their boat further into the ocean. Jeremy groaned and rolled over, putting a hand on his stomach. Bianca rolled her eyes and reached into her bag. When Jackie came back from over the side of the ship, he had a bright orange box hit him dead in the forehead.

"Ow," Jackie complained, "What was that for?"

"It's Dramamine," she snapped, "And neither of you have had any this trip, so you'd better take some before you die of nausea."

"I'm not going to die of nausea," Jeremy said with a frown, taking one of the shiny silver packets from the box. He popped two into his mouth and chewed them up, swallowing quickly as he felt another wave of nausea wash over him.

Jackie quickly ate two tablets as well. Jeremy tried to keep from puking up his medicine as Bianca sped over some rather large waves.

Within seconds the boys faces relaxed, as did their posture. Jackie's eyes drooped quickly and he had a loopy smile on his face. "Better?" Bianca asked, a small smile on her face. When both boys nodded, she cast a darkness bubble over the ship. Jeremy reached out to touch it, though to his surprise, all it did was ripple. "Do you think you can keep down some water now?"

"Probably," said Jeremy with a shrug, "As it is, I am pretty thirsty."

"I'm hungry too," said Jackie wistfully. Bianca rolled her eyes.

"Better keep the food until later," she said, "You wouldn't want to throw up too soon, would you?"

"Pah," Jackie said, waving his hand at the girl as he pulled out a blanket, putting it on the wet hull. The wool got wet quickly, but the son of Hecate looked plenty content.

Jeremy rolled his eyes. "Jackie forgot to put a dry spell on the blanket," he told Bianca, "He must have been too tired."

"I'm not asleep yet, you know," Jackie said, "And I like wet blankets for some weird reason. Okay?"

"Okay, okay whatever," Bianca said. "You should both get some sleep, the Dramamine makes you very sleepy. Don't fight it." The rain pattered on the shield, sending ripples down the black orb.

Jeremy yawned at almost the same time as Jackie. The two brothers said, "Okay," at the same time and lay down on the deck.

"Boys! Wake up," Bianca said, agitation heavy on her tongue. An accent that neither of the boys had ever heard rose up as she spoke.

Jackie sat up, blinking. "What's wrong?" he asked through a yawn. Jeremy popped his knuckles and stood up. "Monsters?"

"No, I just need to talk to you guys about some things in Romania. Seeing as we're almost there," Bianca said, licking the front of her lips that seemed to be redder than they were before the demigods had left.

"What's up?" asked Jeremy, "Your lips seem a little more colored. Why?"

"I'm getting to that," she said, slightly angered, "Okay. I need you two to promise that you won't freak out."