Chapter One: Troublemakers

Welcome back to the Mostly Normal series! This is the fourth work in the series. hermionegirl13 is in Bold and I am in normal text.
This book is dedicated to Nerdkid and Deathly Waffles . Deathly Waffles is unfortunately no longer on the bandwagon, but Nerdkid stepped up and went for it, even though he hasn't read this far, this book is still dedicated to him.  

Things in the Hecate cabin had never been this quiet, someone was always chanting to make a potion or spell, but currently, everything was silent. Natalie was lying on her bed, reading a spellbook that the campers had gotten on a quest and decided to give to the Hecate campers, as they would do the best with it.

Natalie flipped the page of her book, enjoying the unusual silence. Plus, the book was interesting, which was a big factor, of course. Usually, Jeremy was in here, trying to avoid the jeering Ares campers and the danger his virtually uncontrollable magic posed on all the campers.

Though today, none of the Hecate children had been able to find the young boy, which worried Nia to the point of where she almost made herself sick. "Oh where is that boy?" she asked, pacing the floor impatiently as she scanned the camp with her magic.

"Shut up, Nia," snapped Natalie, "He'll turn up. He always does." she rolled her eyes and turned back to the spell book. Nia sighed and glared at her younger sister.

"Natalie," she said, "why do you always just sit there and read? You can do other stuff, you know."

"I like reading," she said, flipping onto her back as she flipped even further into the brittle book. Jackie huffed and shoved his headphones closer to his ears, trying to block out his sister's bickering words.

Nia kicked him. "Take those stupid things off, Jack," she snapped, "You know demigods shouldn't use media like that. Monsters--"

"Monsters can't get in," Jackie interrupted, "and shut up yourself, I'm trying to listen to my tunes."

"Trying to listen to my tunes," Natalie mocked before she stood and stole the headphones from her brother. Holding them just out of his reach, though she was standing on her tiptoes to be taller than the small boy was.

"Give those back," Jackie protested, "I was listening to They Might Be Giants songs!"

"Which ones, sissy?"

"Don't call your brother a sissy," Nia scolded. Jackie folded his arms. "For your information, I was listening to Cage and Aquarium," he snapped, "It was my favorite."

"Fine. I guess that earns you a little respect," Natalie said, handing the headphones back to the younger mage. "Have fun you little twerp."

"Watch your mouth young lady, unless you want me to do it for you," Nia scolded.

Natalie sniffed and flounced back to her bunk, picking up her book again. Nia sighed and rolled her eyes, storming out of the cabin. Jackie watched her go. "She's going to look for Jeremy," he said, stating the obvious. Natalie wanted to reply with a biting retort, but before she could, her brother turned up the sound so much that even she could hear the words.

This is the spawning of the Cage and Aquarium,

don't wait a moment too soon,

used to be different, now you're the same,

yawn as your plane goes down in flames.

This is the spawning of the Cage and Aquarium...

Natalie rolled her eyes and turned back to the book.