Chapter 16

"Be brave, young lovers, and follow your star."
- Oscar Hammerstein II

~
Almost This entire chapter will revolve around both Pikachu and Serena's Eevee. Enjoy

"Hello this is Professor Oak?" A voice on the other side of the camera says. "It's me Professor. It's Serena." Serena responds softly to the professor. The sun was just rising and the Pokémon Center was quiet, most other people were asleep including Ash and Pikachu who were asleep next to her. "Ah hello my dear. What has you calling so early?"

Serena sighs pushing a strand of hair behind her left ear. "I really want to know if Eevee is doing alright. I haven't seen her in a long time." She looks at the screen in silence watching the professor search his desk. "Yes she has been doing fine. If you want I could wake her to say hello." Serena smiles and shakes her head. No I would just let her sleep."

Last night when her, Ash, and the rest arrived at this Pokémon center in Camphrier Town, she was worried about Eevee. Something made her worry and she didn't know what. She was awake all night hoping to have some sleep unfortunately, none of that ever came. Eventually she gave up on sleep and waited until she knew Professor Oak would be awake. She spent many days helping him with Leaf after her Kanto journey so she knows his schedule.

As soon as it reached the time he usually woke up, she called immediately hoping for him to answer and luckily he did. Here they are now, talking on the phone just as the sun appeared over the horizon. She heard little steps in the background and soon a little drowsy Eevee walked into view. "Eevee? Is that you?" Serena questions and Eevee's ears quickly perk up and she looks towards the camera.

She looks happily at Serena then plops down on the ground in a little ball and falls back to sleep. "Professor?" "Yes Serena?" "Could you put her in her poke ball and send her to me?" Serena asks hopeful. "Do you have 6 Pokémon?" The professor questions. "No. Just Absol and Fennekin." At that the professor returns Eevee to a poke ball and places it on a machine next to him.

"Go to your Pokémon centers transfer machine. Tell me when you get there. Don't want anyone taking Eevee from you." Serena nods and turns to stand up careful not to wake Ash or Pikachu. She stands up on the cold ground and slips on some slippers to walk out. The air was a little chilled so she pulled her sleep wear sleeves down to her wrists hoping to stay warm.

She opens the door and walks outside. Before she can go anywhere or close the door a little yellow mouse runs out of the room just before the door is closed. "Pikachu? Oh no.. did I wake you?" Serena asks slowly but Pikachu shakes his head. "Alright.. well since you are awake Cmon. Follow me." Serena tells the Pokémon and they walk towards the transfer machine.

Pikachu tilts his head curiously wondering what Serena is going to do at this machine. Serena tells the professor she's ready and the professor says goodbye as he presses a button to transfer the pokeball. Once the pokeball comes through Serena holds it up and lets out the sleeping Eevee who is now laying on the Pokémon Center floor. Pikachu widens his eyes in surprise and slowly makes his way over to the Eevee.

"Did you miss her Pikachu?" Serena asks. Pikachu nods and pats Eevee's head. She stirs and yawns. She opens her eyes and notices she's not in the lab. She jumps up panicked and looks around. Pikachu moves his hands trying to calm her down. "Pika! Pikachu!" Pikachu cries softly trying to get Eevee to hear. She does hear and looks towards Pikachu with teary eyes.

She jumps at Pikachu sending them both rolling along the ground into the wall. Eevee is nuzzling Pikachu happily. Serena smiles. She stands and stretches  before feeling warm hands wrap around her wrists. She panics a little before she realizes it's Ash. "What are you doing up so early?" He asks her and Serena answers asking the same to him. They go to sit on a couch and talk while Pikachu and Eevee are running around chasing each other.