Chapter 4

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
- Charles R. Swindoll

~

As Ash and Serena plummet towards the ground, Ash reaches out and wraps his arms around her. Serena's hands were pressed against his chest and she had her eyes closed. "Serena I love you.." Ash whispers into her ear and Serena nods. Pikachu, Leaf, Gary, Kaelyn, and everyone else were horrified to see them both falling.

"Serena it's now or never.."Ash tells her in her ear. "No.. if this is what we have in store then.. let it happen.." Serena tells him and Ash nods. At this point they were only 200 feet above the ground. They both had their eyes closed ready for the impact. It never came.

Before they hit the ground something jumps through the air, grabbing Ash and Serena and safely setting them down on the ground. Before anyone could get a closer look, whatever it was had jumped away, leaving everyone wondering. Ash opens his eyes and sees Serena with her eyes open as well.

Serena was shaking uncontrollably in fear. Ash hugged her tightly trying to comfort her. "Mommy Daddy!" Kaelyn yells running up to them ecstatically. Ash uses one of his arms and pulls Kaelyn in for a hug as well. "I'm so happy.." Kaelyn says with a few tears. "Shhhh it's okay Kae.." Serena says soothingly.

Kaelyn hugs Serena tightly being completely sad. Serena slowly stands up and Kaelyn lets go. "You guys are alright!" Leaf shouts running and hugging Serena tightly. "Yeah.. I guess we are." Serena says hugging her back. Pikachu and Froakie come down from the tower and runs to the two. Pikachu jumps into Ash and nuzzles him happily.

When everything had calmed down, Ash, Serena, and Kaelyn arrive at the Pokémon center. Ash and Serena were exhausted and they just wanted to sleep. Kaelyn wanted to sleep but only because she couldn't wait to go on a journey starting tomorrow. She's just a little upset she can't have her own Pokémon.

They quickly get a room and head there in no time. Kaelyn jumps onto her bed and rolls around. Ash and Serena both let out a chuckle as she gets tangled in the blanket. Eventually Kaelyn stop moving and starts to giggle. "Now I'm trapped in the blanket!" Kaelyn shouts still giggling and she starts wiggling around.

"Oh Kaelyn. Being energetic as always." Serena says with a sigh. "Kae me and your mom are going to get some sleep. You should too." Ash says to Kaelyn as he lays down in the bed. "On it daddy!" Kaelyn shouts as Pikachu snuggles against her in her blanket. In literally a few seconds, Kaelyn had fallen asleep still tangled in her blanket.

Serena sighs and lays down next to Ash. "Y'know she's just like you." Serena says with a small smile. "Oh yeah? What makes you say that?" Ash asks her as he closes his eyes. "She eats a lot, mind you a lot slower and not quiet as much. She's very energetic but more so then you, and she falls to sleep so quickly." Serena tells him with a giggle.

"Yeah yeah." Ash says with a smile. "Now get some sleep as well Sere." Ash says as he kisses Serena's cheek ever so softly. Serena gives a small smile and closes her eyes. Within a few minutes, Ash, Serena, and Kaelyn are all sleeping and getting ready for the next day by sleeping.

The Next Day...
"Mommy Daddy wake up!!" Kaelyn yells from her bed. "You have to get me out of this blanket!" She yells and Ash opens his eyes. He looks at Serena who is still fast asleep. "Kae shhhh Mommy is sleeping." Ash says standing up. "I'll get you out of it. He did get Kaelyn out, but barely in no time. It took him 5 minutes to untangle Kaelyn.

"Now what do you say we go and surprise her by getting her some breakfast?" Ash asks Kaelyn who silently squeals. "Yes! Lets go!" Kaelyn whisper yells and runs out the door. Ash sighs and follows her to where you get food. "Oh and there is pancakes and muffins and waffles. I want it all. Which one will mommy like the best?"

"I think she'll like whatever you choose for her." Ash tells her and then he hears the door open. In the door was Professor Sycamore, Clemont, and Bonnie. Kaelyn squeals and so does Bonnie, they run up to each other and hug. "What are you two doing this morning?" Sycamore asks.

"Kaelyn is choosing what to get Serena for breakfast." Ash says. "That's right!" Kaelyn shouts running back to the menu. "I want to get her a muffin." Kaelyn says finally deciding. "And I want one too!" Kaelyn shouts with a pout. Ash sighs and everyone else laughs. "Clemont I also want one!" Bonnie shouts also now with a pout.

As Clemont goes and gets the three muffins Ash talks to the Professor. "So why are you here?" Ash asks confused. "I came to bring you and Serena something." Sycamore says holding up two devices and three pokeballs. "Two pokedexes and also a Pokémon for Serena."

Ash looks over and sees Serena walking towards them rubbing her eyes. "And there she is." Ash says smiling. Kaelyn runs over to Serena and gives her the muffin she chose out. Serena thanks her and she runs off to Bonnie to eat their muffins. They were already best of friends.

"So here are your pokedexes." Professor Sycamore says handing Ash and Serena each a pokedex. "And Serena, you can choose one." He adds letting out three Pokémon. A different Froakie, a Chespin, and a Fennekin all came out. "They are all so cute!" Serena says happily looking at them. Kaelyn joins her and she looks amazed.

After maybe 15 minutes of complimenting each of them Serena finally decides. "I want Fennekin. Do you want to join me Fennekin?" Serena asks with a smile. Fennekin tilts her head but soon enough she yips happily jumping into Serena's arms.

As the group exits the Pokémon center, Sycamore gives Serena Fennekins pokeball. "Thank you for everything" Serena says to Sycamore who nods. "By the way Ash, I think Froakie wants to go with you." The Professor says and Ash looks at him surprised. Then he feels a tap at his feet. There stood Froakie behind a pokeball.

"Daddy take Froakie with us!" Kaelyn shouts holding Ash's hand. "I was going to Kae. Don't you worry." Ash says with a smile. Ash picks up the pokeball and Froakie jumps up and hits his hand against the button and gets sucked in. He was immediately caught.

Bonnie and Clemont were walking outside as it took place. They decided to go with Ash, Serena, and Kaelyn. "Lets head to Santalune City first. The one in this city requires five gym badges." Clemont says with a sigh. Everyone nods and that is where they were going. Time for the road.

Now they were off. First stop, Santalune City.

Ash and Serena were saved from the free fall, and now they both have a Kalos Starter Pokémon. Now they are going off to Santalune City for Ash's first gym battle along with Clemont and Bonnie who have decided to go with them through the Kalos Region. What will happen next, as the Journey Continues...

~

Word count - 1239

Ok that's it for this chapter. What did you think of it? I made a new story which I am going to be alternating between with this story. It's called Fallen Angel and I'd really appreciate it if you went to read the prologue. Have a good rest of your day.