Prologue - The Kalos Arc

If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of.
- Bruce Lee

~

It was a sunny day with not a cloud in the sky. It was warm. "Hurry Pikachu! Hurry Daddy! Catch me!" Kaelyn shouts as Ash and Pikachu chase her and Serena looks on with a smile. "You come here Kaelyn!" Ash yells catching her slowly. Pikachu speeds up and catches up and stands in front of Kaelyn.

Kaelyn was wearing a very short sleeve light blue shirt with a light blue bow on the side of her head. She had a white skirt and knee length black leggings. Her shoes were light blue. Her chocolate brown hair was braided into pigtails that she adores.

"Aww you are just so cute!" Kaelyn shouts excitedly petting the yellow mouse Pokémon. Ash slowly sneaks up behind her. Kaelyn lets out a surprised shriek as she's lifted into the air by Ash. "Caught you!" Ash shouts putting Kaelyn on his shoulders. "Hey that's not fair! Pikachu distracted me!"

"I'm sorry honey. It won't happen again." Ash says and winks. "Mommy! Daddy and Pikachu cheated!" Kaelyn shouts looking to Serena. "Oh cmon Serena be in my side!" Ash shouts and Serena walks over. Ash puts Kaelyn down. "Kaelyn distract mommy okay? I have a plan." He whispers into the girls ear and she nods.

There was a lake behind Ash and Serena's house. It was clear blue. "Mommy hug me!" Kaelyn shouts and hugs Serena tightly. "It's a warm day today isn't it?" Serena asks hugging her daughter tightly. After she, Kaelyn, and Ash returned from their journey they officially adopted her.

Kaelyn saw Ash sneaking up on Serena and she released from the hug. Pikachu was trying to suppress a laugh so he wouldn't give it away. Ash wrapped his arms around Serena's waist lifting her up. Before Serena could respond Ash jumped in the lake with Serena. Before she hits the lake she lets out a small scream.

After Ash and Serena surface they both see Kaelyn and Pikachu dying of laughter. Ash grins and starts laughing with them. Serena sighs but starts laughing with them. "You dummy now my clothes are all wet! Now I'm on Kaelyn's side!" Serena yells while laughing. "Hey mine are too! And no fair!" Ash shouts getting out of the lake and helping Serena out.

"Hey you two lovebirds!" Gary yells coming into the back yard. "Uncle Gary! Yay!" Kaelyn yells running up to him. She hugs him tightly. When Gary and Leaf returned from their trip away from Pallet Town Kaelyn started calling them Uncle Gary and Auntie Leaf. "Where is Auntie Leaf?"

"She is at the Pokémon lab. Now go tell your mommy and daddy to change and head to the Pokémon lab. Say Professor Oak needs to ask them something." Gary says and walks off. "Mommy! Daddy! Get changed Professor Oak needs to talk to you!" Kaelyn shouts running up to them.

"Alright. Kaelyn why don't you head to the lab and we will be there in let's say 15 minutes alright" Ash says and grabs Serena's hand and starts to walk inside. Kaelyn runs off down the road towards the Pokémon lab. Before she gets there she says hello to her friend but keeps on running wondering what Professor Oak had to talk about to her parents.

~

After 10 minutes Ash and Serena get out of their house in dry clothes. Serena's hair was let down and went halfway her back. She had a long pink skirt to a little under her knees with black leggings. Her boots were white with a black outline. She had a black shirt with very short sleeves. She had a red hat with a black band. Ash wore a blue collared shirt with short sleeves, white trim, a black undershirt, darker blue jeans, a red and white hat, and red high top sneakers and black and red fingerless gloves (His XY anime outfit)