Chapter 5

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
- Maya Angelou

~

It's been almost two days since Ash, Serena, Kaelyn, Bonnie, and Clemont left Lumiose City to get to Santalune City for Ash's first gym battle. "Kaelyn I didn't even notice until now. We have matching bags!" Bonnie squeals and Kaelyn gasp. "Oh my gosh I didn't even know either!" Kaelyn says squealing too. They both burst out with laughter.

"You two met only three or four days ago and you two are already best friends." Serena says smiling. "Yes mommy. What else did you expect? For us not to do that?" Kaelyn says back causing Ash to laugh. "Oh what's so funny?" Serena asks and Ash simply shakes his head. "She told you so" Ash responds with another laugh.

All Serena does is roll her eyes with a smile. Kaelyn and Bonnie continue their laughing. "Hey guys why don't we stop here for a quick rest?" Ash suggests. Serena sits on a tree stump quickly with a breath. Kaelyn picks up Pikachu and hugs him tightly. Clemont grabs a snack for Bonnie out of his bag. Bonnie quickly takes it.

What they don't know, is that a little Pokémon is watching and wants what Bonnie is eating. "Pikachu needs a snack too!" Kaelyn shrieks pointing at a berry in a tree. "Alright alright I'll get it." Ash says grabbing one and throwing it to Kaelyn who catches it and starts trying to split it in half.

Pikachu simply waiting patiently. Bonnie goes over and starts trying to help and puts her snack down on the ground. Shortly after when Bonnie and Kaelyn are still struggling to split the berry, Pikachu's ears twitch and he looks to a bush. "Pikachu is there something there?" Serena asks looking where he is.

Pikachu tilts his head and approaches the bush. When he does a sudden yellow flash goes off. Pikachu gets on all fours and gets ready for a battle if necessary. "Pikachu are you okay?!" Kaelyn shouts looking worriedly. Pikachu nods assuring the young girl he is alright.

All of a sudden a little rodent like Pokémon runs out of the bush quickly. It runs by Pikachu and circles Kaelyn and Bonnie before grabbing the berry in its mouth and takes off. Pikachu quickly jumps in front of the Pokémon blocking its movement. "Hey that's Pikachu's berry!" Kaelyn pouts upset.

"What's that Pokémon?" Serena asks taking out her new pokedex. (I didn't do this in the first one except twice will be the same in this most likely) 'Dedenne, the Antenna Pokémon. Dedenne communicates long distance with other Dedenne by sending radio waves through its antenna-like whiskers.'

"That's interesting." Ash says looking at the small Pokémon. "Clemont it's so cute!" Bonnie says with stars in her eyes. "I want it!" Bonnie yells but Clemont sigh. "You can't have a Pokémon yet" Clemont says causing Bonnie to pout. "Catch it for me!" Bonnie yells. "I wanna take care of it too!" Kaelyn shouts also starting to pout.

"Oh.. right." Clemont says. "Bunnelby come out!" Clemont then yells. Dedenne looks at Bunnelby and takes off quickly. "No come back!" Bonnie shouts running after Dedenne. Kaelyn runs after the Pokémon causing everyone else to have to run after it.

When they run for maybe 2 minutes they end up losing Dedenne. "Awww we lost it!" Bonnie yells pouting. "That's no fair!" Kaelyn shouts looking around. "Pikachu find it!" Bonnie yells saddened. "Don't worry you two, we'll find where it went." Serena reassures.

"Pikachu why don't you go look from the trees and Bunnelby can look under ground? Maybe it lives underground." Ash says and both the Pokémon nod and jump off in different directions, with Bunnelby going underground. All of a sudden there's a cry from above and everyone looks up to see a flying Pokémon. "That's a fletchling!" Bonnie shouts.