Chapter 10

"In finding love, I think it's important to be patient. In being in a relationship, I think it's important to be honest, to communicate, to respect and trust, and to strive to give more than you take."
- Kina Grannis

~

Absol and Lucario were staring down the people and Pokémon that have appeared in front of them. 'Stay away from her..' Absol growls angrily. "Whoa she can talk. No can do Absol. We just have to borrow you and the girl." 'I won't let that happen.' Absol explains with more growling. "You can't stop Team Rocket you stupid Pokémon."

'You will stay away.' Lucario says glaring. Kaelyn was shaking in fear. She couldn't stop herself from being scared. They were the people who hurt her parents. Kaelyn was so scared of them, Jessie and James, she turned and ran away. 'Kaelyn no!' Absol cries out. "Get her!" Jessie says pointing to James. He nods then runs after the terrified Kaelyn.

'I thought you were supposed to be disbanded.' Lucario growls turning to run after Kaelyn and James. "Not so fast you Pokémon. We'd like to get you too." Jessie says with a smirk throwing a pokeball. Absol knocks it away and the pokeball doesn't let it's Pokémon out.

'Ash, Serena we need your help!' Absol says telepathically but she feels something blocking her message. "Oh you just tried to get those twerps huh? Well it won't work." Jessie says throwing the pokeball again. This time it lets the Pokémon out. The Pokémon it was scared Absol and Lucario a little. It was a Gengar.

"Oh are you scared of Gengar? Don't be too scared or he'll take you both down so quickly. Not like he won't anyway." The Pokémon says coming out of the shadows. It was Meowth. One that hadn't been seen since the beginning of Ash and Serena's Kanto Journey. "I'll be in on this battle too."

Kaelyn was running through the forest trying to find her way back to Ash and Serena, her parents. She was just running and running, but she isn't as fast as James. Ash and Serena though were starting to get worried. Absol had said they would be back in 45 minutes, it had been almost an hour.

Kaelyn kept running, thinking she might've started to find her way back. She was getting closer to the opening in the trees. Unfortunately, she didn't know. As she kept running something Flys towards her. It was a rope. It flew and the small rope wrapped and Kaelyn's ankles dragging her to the ground causing her to scream as she hits the ground.

Absol and Lucario were fighting the Gengar and were losing against it. Then they hear the distant scream of Kaelyn. Absol glares at Jessie and runs off. Lucario sends an Aura Sphere causing smoke to blow everywhere. They ran when the smoke was thick, they had to get to Kaelyn.

Ash and Serena heard the scream too. So did Bonnie. "Was that Kaelyn?!" Bonnie shouts running up to Ash and Serena. "It had to be. Bonnie stay here. Serena you too." Ash says taking off with a pokeball and Pikachu. "Why can't I ever come with you!" Serena shouts with a worried expression on her face.

Kaelyn tries to crawl away but the rope is making it almost impossible. Tears were on her face. "Looks like I caught you." James says as he walks slowly towards the struggling girl. Kaelyn tries to scream again but James covers her mouth with his hand. "Now shush."

Kaelyn nods as the hand is taken away from her mouth. "We won't hurt you, unless your parents don't follow what we have to say. Now cmon, you little miss are coming with me." James says standing Kaelyn up. He unites the rope from her ankles and Kaelyn tries to run but her hair gets pulled causing her to whimper in pain.

"Thunderbolt!" Ash shouts and a faster then light bolt of lightning flys and hits the ground between Kaelyn and James causing James to let go of Kaelyn. Ash forms an aura ball in his hand and throws it, sending James sliding across the ground. He approaches him and keeps him down with his aura.

"Don't you ever touch my daughter again!" Ash yells and then he sees the shirt. "No way.. Team Rocket.." He says softly. "And we never left." James says with a laugh. "Kaelyn quickly run to mom." Ash says glaring at James. Lucario and Absol come running through the trees. Absol goes over to Kaelyn and Lucario stays next to Ash.

"Where were you two? You were supposed to be watching her." Ash says to Lucario. 'Those two came out of nowhere and scared Kaelyn. She ran away and the other kept us there with a battle against Meowth and a Gengar. That's our excuse and it is true.' Lucario responds.

Ash lets his aura down which gives James the chance he needs to escape. He rolls and starts to run. Ash gives chase but Lucario stops him. "You may have won this time, but we will be back!" James exclaims as he runs away, his footsteps getting softer and softer with every passing second.

"Don't tell Serena about this." Ash says to Lucario. 'Why not? She needs to know. Doesn't she?' Lucario asks tilting his head. "I don't want her to worry. Tell Absol." Ash says starting to walk back to the camp. 'Yes Ash..' Lucario says reluctantly, but he follows Ash's orders and tells Absol not to tell Serena about Team Rocket.

"Mommy!" Kaelyn exclaims when she runs out of the trees to the clearing. She runs up to Serena and hugs her tightly. "Are you okay Kaelyn?" Serena asks hugging her back. "Yes mommy I'm alright. Can we go to bed?" Kaelyn asks yawning. "Of course. Lets go to sleep." Serena responds smiling softly.

Absol walks back to the rest of the Pokémon and lays down tiredly. Ash comes back and hugs Serena and Kaelyn and the two girls head into the tent. "Hey Ash?" Bonnie asks and Ash looks at her. "Yes Bonnie?" Ash says. "Would it be alright if  I go inside and sleep with Serena and Kaelyn?" She asks.

"Sure. Just ask them." Ash says smiling. "Yay! Clemont said you can share his tent if you want." Bonnie says walking into the tent. Ash shakes his head when Bonnie and Kaelyn squeal in excitement. Ash goes inside the other tent and gets ready for bed. Lucario then returns.

'We can't keep this from her.' Lucario says sitting next to Absol. 'No it's a very bad idea. I don't know why Ash is keeping it from her' Absol responds putting her head down. 'Because he doesn't want her to worry.' Lucario tells her. 'We'll just have to see where this is going to lead.' Absol says as she falls asleep.

As the Pokémon and everyone else fall asleep, what doesn't cross the Pokémon's minds, is that the secret Ash is keeping could make Serena move away from him. Their hearts are one, but could that possibly change? Find out as the Journey Continues...

~

Word count - 1193