Chapter 13

You can be the moon and still be jealous of the stars.
- Gary Allan

~

It has been a day since the situation at Prism Tower was resolved. Ash still hasn't contacted Serena and Serena was very upset at this point. She had no idea where he was or even why he was just completely ignoring her. She wanted to know he was safe but since he hadn't contacted her she couldn't deny or confirm he was alright.

Serena was sitting outside the Pokémon Center as the sun rose over the Lumiose Skyline even if she couldn't see it. The skies were covered with clouds. She was supposed to be meeting Leaf this morning somewhere in Lumiose City as she was also passing through with Gary. She wanted to hear how Leafs first performance went. She couldn't meet her unless Ash had contacted her.

She could but she didn't want to. She wanted to make sure he was alright, even if he was making her upset for not contacting her. Serena then heard footsteps coming from the side of the Pokémon Center and looked over that way. She saw Miette and she just sighed and looked away. "Serena." She heard Ash day and she turned back that way.

"Where were you mister! You never met up with us and you didn't even contact me!" Serena shouts standing up angrily. "And why did you come here with her!" Serena adds pointing accusingly at Miette. "He had a difficult conversation with someone so I decided to comfort him." Miette says with an evil grin. The overcast skies were getting darker like it was going to rain soon.

"No one asked you Miette!" Serena shouted causing Miette to back away. "Ash she said some bad things to me!" Serena exclaims and Ash looks back to Miette. "I don't know what she's talking about!" Miette shouts putting her hands up. "Serena are you sure that wasn't a dream?" Ash questions causing a slightly pained expression to form on Serena's face. A look of accomplishment on Miette's.

"You actually believe her?!" Serena questions with a hurt tone. "I'm your girlfriend and I've known you longer! Ash why would you believe her over me!" Serena adds with a tear forming in her right eye. "Serena calm down." Ash says trying to diffuse the situation. "I'm not going to! I'm going to meet with Leaf! Absol keep an eye on him!" Serena shouts letting Absol out who immediately glares at Ash as Serena runs off.

"Serena wait!" Ash shouts and tries to run after her. Absol jumps in front of him and prevents him from chasing her. Absol then growls at Miette who turns and runs. Absol keeps glaring at Ash. 'Go inside and take care of Kaelyn. Don't even talk to Serena unless she talks to you.' Absol says catching Ash off guard. "She's my girlfriend." Ash says glaring back.

'For being her boyfriend, you certainly didn't just treat her like your girlfriend because as you know, you should trust her over everyone else!' Absol says pushing Ash towards the door. "Alright alright." Ash responds rolling his eyes and walks inside. Absol follows him inside and it starts to rain lightly outside.

As the rain starts coming down Serena reaches her destination and sees Leaf standing under an umbrella. "Serena!" Leaf shouts excitedly. Serena looks towards her and luckily it was raining or Leaf would've seen Serena's tears. Serena waves, stops herself from crying and smiles. She walks over to Leaf and stands under her umbrella.

"Wow Leaf you are prepared. Serena says with a small giggle. "Of course I am. You should have one of these yourself." Leaf says giggling. "Anyway where do you want to go?" Serena questions looking around the busy streets. "I found this cafe that's pretty good. I forget the name but it's nice." Leaf responds smiling and the two girls start walking.

As they walk they keep moving side to side so they don't hit people hurrying the other direction since they don't have umbrellas and they want to get inside somewhere. They eventually run into someone that has an umbrella. That's only when they get to the cafe Leaf was taking about. "Ladies first." He says opening the door. He was tall and had red spiked hair. He was wearing a black and red suit.

"Thank you very much sir." Leaf and Serena say smiling. "You two are welcome." The man says smiling back. "My names Lysandre." He says meeting eye contact with Serena as his smile disappears. "My name is Leaf and this is Serena. My best friend." Leaf says pointing at Serena putting her umbrella away.

"Pretty names. Your parents really must've thought you two would be this pretty when you were older." Lysandre says walking past the two girls. "Well uh.. thanks I guess." Leaf and Serena say at the same time smiling at Lysandre. "I'll leave you two to your business." Lysandre says with a small unnoticeable smirk on his face.

Leaf and Serena smile and sit down at a table as Lysandre walks out. "He was weird." Leaf says with a small giggle. "Very. Anyway how was your first performance!" Serena asks wondering. "It was amazing!" Leaf exclaims. Serena smiles as Leaf starts to tell her about her performance. Serena keeps listening and doesn't disturb her.

"You know Serena you would probably really like performing." Leaf says when she finishes her telling of her performance. "I don't know.. contests seem like it's where I shine." Serena tells Leaf who sighs. "Literally it's like a Pokémon contest just without the battling part of it!" Leaf shouts looking at the ceiling.

"Do you really think I'd like it?" Serena asks tilting her head slightly. "Of course I do! You'd do great!" Leaf says happily. "Well then maybe I'll try it out the next city that has it." Serena says smiling. "That's great! Hey I'm sorry but we should go. I have to meet with Gary to leave." Leaf says smiling. Serena gets a smirk on her face.

"Soooo.. when are you two going to be a thing?" Serena whispers into Leaf's ear and Leaf's face turns as red as a tomato. "H..Hey! That's none of your concern!" Leaf exclaims standing up and walking towards the door. Serena giggles and follows Leaf and grabs Leafs umbrella and opens it when they step outside.

Something was bothering Serena. Leaf couldn't tell as she was too busy talking about her travels so far. Gary had his first gym badge. Serena was bothered about Miette. She was bothered that Miette had gotten Ash on her side when he is supposed to believe Serena over everyone else. It couldn't be jealousy, it had to be something else. Maybe jealousy was making Serena think something was off about the whole situation.

Something also seemed off about the Lysandre guy they met. Serena shook the feeling off and kept walking with Leaf back to the Pokémon Center to stay dry.

Ash shows up with Miette after not talking to Serena for a day causing an argument and Serena runs off to meet her plans with Leaf. They meet Lysandre and Serena gets a strange feeling about him and Miette. Find out what happens next as the Journey Continues...

~

Ash caused an argument with Serena. Uh oh. Well how will this first argument effect their relationship? What do you think?

Also on a side note, I'm going to be working on two stories again. This one and Fallen Angel.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.