Chapter 15

"The price of greatness is responsibility."
- Winston Churchill

~

Unknown Location above Kalos..
Mew was flying through the sky, her tail swaying in the wind. The sky was dark grey, covered by a coming storm. There was one thing she was worried about. She wouldn't be blown off by the wind. She was mostly worried about the Pokémon below her who could get hurt.

As she flew along she saw many Pokémon running for cover in and under trees and caves. "Why couldn't he have given me powers to control weather!" Mew cried loudly. As the rain started and the wind picked up and the lightning crackled in the sky, a single blast of light cuts into the clouds and the storm dissipates

"Curious. What was that?" Mew asks herself and turns around to fly over where the blast of light came from. She could see the large outline of something on the ground. She flew down towards it and saw a large cannon of sorts. "Well that's strange.. It wasn't here before." Mew says staring at the device.

"Who's there?" A man says appearing from a bush. It scares Mew and she hides behind the device. "Pokémon?" He asks. "I won't hurt you." He adds. "Promise?" Mew questions cautiously. He works his way around the device. He had red spiked hair and was wearing a black and red suit. "I promise." He says smiling.

"You look familiar.. like someone showed me a picture." The man looks at the small Pokémon. "I'm sure. My name is Lysandre. Yours?" He asks. Mew is cautious of this man. He doesn't seem at all disturbed that a Pokémon is actually talking to it. "You look familiar yourself. Mew?" Mew flys up a little, scared.

"Mew!" A Pokémon shouts to her from a far distance away. It wasn't in the area. It was from Serena's Absol. "It's been nice talking to you but I must go." Mew says to Lysandre and she flys off quickly before he can say anything. Mew found him suspicious and didn't want him to be able to do something. She's also sure he had a run in with Serena.

"Absol what is it." Mew asks calmly. "It's Kaelyn. Somethings happened." Absol replies from somewhere in Kalos. "Ooooo what's the little Angel up to? She's alright right?" Mew asks happily. Mew can hear Absols sigh. "Yes she's alright. The thing is she has Aura." Mew stops flying. "I must've misheard you. I thought I heard you said Kaelyn had aura."

"You didn't mishear me Mew. She has aura. Me and Lucario saw it ourselves. She got angry and aura formed in her hand before it's exploded." Mew couldn't believe it. "How? How is this possible? Only the greats have ever had aura. She's 8. It's not possible. It wouldn't have awakened yet plus it should be impossible for her to have it. Unless.."

"Unless what Mew?" Absol questions concerned. "Unless shes the daughter of a great. It's possible that if two greats have a child that the child may gain aura powers. It's extremely rare. Serenity was born with Aura powers to become one the first two greats. Her parents didn't know they had it and they passed it to her."

"Isn't it possible that she's just a great herself?" Absol questions. "No. Only two at a time. Three is unheard of, impossible." Mew says with certainty. "Where was Kaelyn found?" She continues. "In the woods near some city in Kanto." "Her story?" "Her parents were killed by team rocket and she fell through some portal"

"Portal.. time warp. She travelled through time. She wasn't supposed to be in this timeline. She was born into another. From the past? No.. has to be the future." "The future? You don't mean.." "I'm certain that it has something to do with the future greats. Maybe even Ash and Serena. No previous greats were ever in a relationship." "Also Team Rocket is still.." Absol stops talking when Mew silences Her.

"I know. Dangerous. If they found out about Kaelyn it will be bad. You and Lucario need to keep her out of their hands. Serena has to know as well. I bid you farewell and good luck Absol." "Mew wait. Ash said Serena shouldn't know." "Tell her at some point Absol. You know it to be the right thing to do. Now goodbye do now."

Mew cuts off contact with Absol and begins flying off and away from the Kalos Region and starts heading to another Region to meet with a special Pokémon. As she flys off a portal appears right in front of Mew. She tries to stop but the portal appeared too close and she flys into it.

On the other side was the top of a mountain with pillars. Thunder booms and a Pokémon appears in front of her. "Mew." It says in a loud voice. "Y..yes sir?" Mew asks. The Pokémon was large and white. Mew is said to be the ancestor of all Pokémon in Legend. This Pokémon however, in Legend was the god of all Pokémon and things. Even this universe.

"Serena. Ash. The current greats correct?" The Pokémon asks Mew. "Yes Arceus sir." Mew asks trembling. She's only met Arceus one time before. When she was young. This is the first time in centuries. "What are their strengths." "They can use aura to the best ability. They learn quickly. They know the rules and limitations. Two of the best and they even took down Team Rocket in Kanto."

"You do mean, Ash stopped Team Rocket in Kanto. Serena was stupid and got herself kidnapped. Ash went to save her and risked his life and the worlds safety. Sure he may have won but the battle is far from over. It was almost a disaster. They ran tests on the girl. The tried tapping into her aura. She didn't fight back. Ash saved it. So far in my view all I've seen is Serena being a stupid girl."

Mew was taken by surprise by this. She didn't expect him to react like this. "I assure you wouldn't want to say that to Ash would you?" Mew asks cautiously. "I would kill him in an instant if he tried anything. Then I would kill that idiot girl who would be crying over him. A new couple greats would be born and the process would restart."

"You couldn't do that. They are my responsibility. I would never let you." "Good. You are the best decision for the defender of them." Mew stares at him. "This was a test?" Mew asks. "Yes Mew. However Serena so far is still so far an idiot girl. Especially for letting her anger get to her twice since she arrived in Kalos." "It was an accident." "It better have been. For her sake."

Mew stares at Arceus again. She blinks twice. "Now Ash. He's keeping a secret. Something he shouldn't. But what I see now is something he thinks is necessary." "Can you not see what's going to happen?" Mew asks calmly looking into the eyes of Arceus. "If Serena finds out it could tear them apart and sever the bond they have with each other. Especially if she finds out a hard difficult way."

"Then that time will come." "Arceus I have to stop it. I know what's coming. I'm going to go to the future to stop it." "Mew do not tamper with fate. You cannot change the future. If you do it could have horrible consequences to the present future and past." Mew rolls her eyes and flys off. Arceus teleports her back.

"If you go against me there will be consequences. Especially having to do with that girl you are so fond of." Arceus threatens. Mew knows his threat to be true. If she goes against him she will be forced into a century long slumber and Kaelyn might suffer his wrath. Arceus knows he beat Mew with his threat and knows Mew won't turn on him and change the future.

"Good Mew. Now go back to Kalos to watch over that foolish girl, Ash, and their adopted daughter." Mew sighs and she is sent through a portal back above Kalos.

Mew flys to a tree to sleep. She was tired. She knew she had to stop what was inevitable. But the legendary Pokémon had undying loyalty to Arceus. Except maybe one..
-
And that's Chapter 15. I know it's been forever since an official chapter but here it is I hope you enjoyed.