Chapter 8

All love shifts and changes. I don't know if you can be wholeheartedly in love all the time.
- Julie Andrews

~

"Pikachu jump!" Ash yells and Pikachu jumps over the incoming attack. "Vivillon this is our chance! use solar beam!" Viola calls and the attack charges itself. Pikachu at the height of his jumps was above the Vivillon. "Pikachu don't let her! Use iron tail!" Ash exclaims and Pikachu's tail turns to iron.

Pikachu dives at Vivillon and in milliseconds Vivillons attack is fired. Pikachu puts his tail aiming towards the incoming solar beam. The attack hits the tail and Pikachu, and Pikachu still slices down with Iron tail, causing a streak of smoke to form, covering the entire battlefield from an explosion.

"Pikachu!" Ash shouts not being able to see him. He can't concentrate enough to see if he had fainted. "Oh no Vivillon!" Viola exclaims looking into the smoke. Everyone was staring at the battlefield waiting for the smoke to clear. Even the referee looked surprised at what had just occurred.

As the smoke clears both Pokémon are laying on the ground. When it clears completely Pikachu is struggling to stand up and Vivillon has swirly eyes. "Vivillon is unable to battle! Pikachu wins! And that means the victor is Ash!" The referee exclaims and Ash sighs in relief.

"Good job Pikachu!" Kaelyn and Bonnie shout cheering. Pikachu fell down to the ground breathing heavily. "Alright Ash, I'll make this quick, Pikachu needs help. Here you go Ash, the Bug badge. It shows you were victorious in my gym. Now off you go." Viola says handing Ash the badge.

"Alright thank you, but Pikachu doesn't need a Pokémon center." Serena says walking next to Ash. "What do you mean?" Viola asks. 'Serena are you sure?' 'Yes Ash I'm sure. She's a gym leader. We can trust her.' Ash nods and holds his hand over Pikachu. His hand glows blue and so does Pikachu.

After a few seconds Pikachu stops glowing and he is back to full health. "What the.." Viola says in shock. As Ash and Serena explain their powers, a girl walked by the Pokémon Gym outside and sits in wait for the group to come outside. It didn't take too long.

"Alright I think it's time to head to the Pokémon center." Clemont says sighing. "Oh cmon big brother. I bet you just want to go so you can sit down." Bonnie says with a small giggle. "I'm not that out of shape." Clemont responds to Bonnie shaking his head.

"I wanna play with the Pokémon!" Kaelyn shouts running down the sidewalk with Dedenne in her bag. "Hey I thought it was my turn!" Bonnie cries running down the sidewalk after Kaelyn. Everyone else sighs and runs after the two 8 year old girls. "Energetic.." Clemont mumbles.

~

The gang quickly arrives to the Pokémon center and Kaelyn leads them outside to the battlefield where she knows she can play with the Pokémon. Everyone is outside while Serena is inside petting Fennekin. "You are just such a cute little fox." Serena says smiling.

"Excuse me miss?" A girl asks Serena and Serena turns around. "Yes?" Serena asks. "You know you are very pretty. What's your name?" She asks looking into Serena's eyes. "My names Serena Yvonne." Serena responds holding her hand out. "The names Miette." She says with a smile.

Miette then looks at her with a strange look. "Yvonne? Like Giovanni Yvonne? The guy who lead team Rocket in Kanto?" "Yep.. him.." Serena responds sadly. She then looks back into Miette's eyes and sees a glimmer of evil. "You must be his daughter. Where's that dreamboat Ash Ketchum? You wouldn't be here alone would you?"