Epilogue 2

It's been 3 years since the academy. Laura went back to the institution and became the leader for the X-Force. Mutants were now respected by everyone because of the war the just got done. A few mutants lost their lives using their abilities but in the end it saved the world from extinction. Wolverine became a household name after everyone watched her save a fear stricken girl who couldn't move. After that they admired her crime fighting skills. There was only one down side to being a hero though.

She hasn't seen Peter in 3 years and due to poor connection she has texted or done anything technology wise to communicate with him. She's tried moving on with another mutant named Hellion but she just couldn't stop thinking about Peter. Little did she know that Peter was the same way. He eventually moved on from Laura and started dating a girl named Gwen Stacy. Unfortunately, one night he got into a fight with a college friend of his, Harry Osborn. He didn't know that Harry's father, Norman, was his former enemy the Green Goblin.

The two battled it out but like every battle, someone unfortunately dies. That person who lost their life was Gwen. Peter loved her just as much as he loved Laura. He even begged to god who he didn't even believe in to bring her back. But miracles don't work like that. Everyday he wished that she had Laura's healing abilities. She wouldn't be dead if a that was the case. Eventually he "healed" from the loss. But he started thinking about Laura again. Everyday since she left he stared at the velvety little box on his dresser. It was meant for her as a promise ring if she came back but then he started dating Gwen and that changed. Now it a ring with meaning but won't ever be placed of a finger.

He's even thought about tossing it into the harbor but decided against it. Something kept telling him that she will come back some day. Actually it was someone in his dreams. Though he's straight he'd fully admit the young man in his dreams was pretty attractive. He had quite the piercing blue eyes that made him stick out in the dreams. His voice was the thing that cemented him in Peter's sub-conscience. It was deep, soothing and slightly raspy. He kept telling Peter that someday she will come back. But Peter would always ask when but never get a set answer. Always something like "Patience" and then he'd disappear.

Today in particular he felt a sense of relief or at least he was in a good mood. He hasn't felt like this in a while. Depression mostly took over and the only person who really understood was May. Peter crouched on the edge of a building, waiting for some action. His senses go off but not as if there's danger. It's as if he's... aroused? "What the hell?" He murmured. Peter started looking around until he saw a dark "blob". "Another hero in this area" he shrugged. But the senses were signaling something.

He decided to use Karen to zoom in.Once he was fully zoomed he saw a black and yellow suit and identified "it" as a woman. She seemed familiar, very familiar. Then it clicked. Laura. It's Laura. The then the deep voice popped in startling him. "Go to her. She's come for you." He swung himself over to the building that she was at. "Took you long enough." She said. Peter's heart skipped hearing her voice. He ripped his mask off and she pulled hers of. Shit has she aged well. She was a beautiful young girl back then but goddamn was she a goddess now.

Laura can say the same about Peter. The stubble he had was also was a major turn on. "Peter don't hesitate. Get your ass over here do what you feel is the right thing to do." She jokes causing both to chuckle. She's definitely more light hearted but much wiser now. Peter wasted no time and made his way over to her. He pulled her by the waist with one hand and the other found a spot on her cheek. Laura's hands landed on his sides as he went in for the kill. The kids itself brought back ever good memory they had together. But since it's been a while, they've both had more practice and wow were they kissing each other like they were gods.

Peter pulled away after a bit so it wouldn't go further though he wouldn't mind taking her right there. "I still love you." He huffs out. "And I still love you. Xavier kept me updated on you. I'm sorry for not coming back right away. Everyone was falling apart. The needed me." She closed her eyes trying not to cry. "Laura, it's fine. You were doing the right thing." He kissed her forehead. "I stopped seeing myself as a monster." He whispered, looking into his eyes. Those damn eyes that made everything in her go weak. Now they've aged a little and made want to drop right there. They kiss again but not for long. Peter's danger senses went off this time. "Goddamn it!" He groaned. "It's fine Peter. I'll meet up with later. Go get'em, Tiger." She winked at him. Peter smiled and swung off. Finally, he was whole again.