Chapter 30: Tonight's The Night

Tonight is the night that they've desperately been waiting for. Tony pulled through and got a hotel room that was basically a mini apartment. It was romantic and a surprise for Laura after prom. Peter wanted it to be special, so he told her that the room was booked but not what it looked like. He couldn't wait to see Laura in her dress. He also imagined what she'd look like in a wedding dress to but that was after he imagined prom night. Tonight will be perfect. May made Peter leave with Tony to the hotel room to get ready while Laura got ready at the apartment.

"May! I've never been to prom! I don't know what to do!" Laura freaked out. May calmed her down and chuckled remembering that she too was like this on prom night.

"Sweetie everything will be alright. I've got you covered. The only thing I can't help you with is your makeup." Laura let out a loud sigh of relief.

May chuckled and lead her to the bedroom. May turned around as Laura got on the right garments until she needed help clipping her bra. She put pajamas back on to do her makeup. This is the most makeup she's ever worn and she hopes to the high heavens the she doesn't butcher it. As she put the finishing touches on May started on her hair. Her hair has never been curled except when she has them in braids. Seeing the spirals for the very first time was like a puppy seeing snow for the first time.

She was unsure if she should touch it. The end results were amazing. She didn't look like herself but she looked like the person she would've been if life didn't have its issues. They headed back to the room to get her dress on. May helped Laura into her dress and zipped it. She put her heels on before turning around. Laura took a deep breath and then turned. Just May's reaction of seeing her "baby girl all grown up" put her nerves at ease a bit. May started tearing up. Laura's only instinct is to hug her or she too will start crying. May wiping the tears away gestures to head to the door. Laura grabbed her hand held wallet thing and headed out.

On the way to meet up with Tony and Peter she checked and the things she needed in her thing. Oil pads, lipstick, mints, condoms... Laura chuckled at how protective May was about the whole thing. They made it to the location where they were going to take pictures. Peter and Tony were standing there looking around and talking. Laura's breath hitched and jaw dropped. Goddamn did Peter look amazing. Her heart started beating faster and her palms started to sweat. The two got out of the car.

Once both doors were closed Peter's attention was all on Laura. Just like Laura, his breath hitched, jaw dropped and heart pounded. It was like everyone else in the world disappeared and it was just her. His girl. His future. Laura smiled knowing that not a minute ago she was doing that too.

"Laura, you look..." Peter couldn't even finish.

"You too... Spider-Man." She whispered the last part. Laura leaned up for a kiss.

"Woah! Won't ruin your makeup?" Peter asked. "Waterproof and smudge proof. You're good." Without hesitating he kissed her.

"Alright you two love birds. Let's get to the pictures before prom." Tiny clapped his hands. As pictures were being taken May started crying again which lead to both kids consoling her before continuing. They did a few poses and then said they're good byes.

"Happy isn't your driver today but he will be in the morning. Peter don't ask too many questions." Tony joked. Laura snickered knowing it's true. They get in the super high tech Audi Tony owned. The driver introduced himself and told them drinks were back there with them.

"Drinks?" Laura questioned. Peter shrugged.

Knowing how Tony works, he's full of surprises so who knows. Laura opened the cooler and pulled out two champagne glasses and a note that read: