Chapter 22: Deadliest Love Making

Each time they go back to the academy is just a reminder of how much time they have left. Time goes by fast when you're balancing a normal life and being a hero. Prom is in a month and every one is prepping while trying to balance their mind set at the academy. Some even mess up thinking about it. They start thinking about dresses while screwing up a right hook. Today, thanks to Tony, their moods about prom will be dampened.

Tony plans on another dream sequence. This time he didn't say if it'll be good or bad. The students now worry what it'll be, especially Peter and Laura. They really hope the doctor gives them the serum for good dreams. Yes, it's up to the doctor, not Tony. It was now their turn and they couldn't be more nervous. They walk hand in hand. Peter gave Laura's hand a reassuring squeeze since she's shaking so much. They did the normal procedure and they quickly drifted to sleep.

Peter woke up in rubble. The rubble was familiar but he couldn't pinpoint it. He looked down and was back in his 'Iron Spider' suit as he called it. Maybe it was a new serum where he had to fight a bad guy and win. That'd be pretty awesome. He heard screaming from behind him. Peter whipped over there and saw an alien warrior attacking an innocent mother and child. He managed to take it out with no problems thanks to the badass suit. It felt good to be back in it.

Laura woke up back in the forest. She's being attacked by Hydra again along with others. Again her first instinct is to fight. She watches as Hydra begins to strengthen and take some of the others with them. Laura fought, killed and screaming bloody hell as she ripped the bad guys into pieces. In a way it was relieving. It was like lifting the stressful weight off her shoulders knowing these monsters won't ever hurt her kind again. It felt good.

Peter continued to fight off aliens that prayed on the innocent. Even took out some that were gaining on the Avengers and other students in the academy. It was a full out war. There were weird circular spaceships floating all around. Goddamn it was scary for Peter. Did they not defeat Thanos and he planned vengeance? But he had to man up to save the world, to officially prove himself as a memorable hero who saved millions because he cared about their safety.

Also just as important, the safety of Laura. Wait where she anyway? Peter heard a loud noise behind him along with screaming. He turned around and his heart sank. Laura makes it to a familiar clearing in the forest. They're surrounded by Hydra agents in hummers. Her heart was pounding. She has a mission to protect all of them. The crazy man attacks again but who? Laura turns to see a flash of red and blue. It's Peter. Her heart sinks. Quickly Laura turned around to find something, anything that could stop him. She heard a loud screaming from Peter as she turned and blew the crazy man's brains. Her heart almost collapse. Peter runs over the Laura's lifeless body.

"Laura come on. Wake up for me baby. Come on." He says frantically and shaky.

She's not responding. Tears start to form in the boy's eyes knowing that his love may be dead.

"Come on, Love." Tears roll down as he starts CPR. After a few pumps she coughs awake. Peter leans down and hugs her, relieved she's alive.

"Peter?" Laura says in a vet hoarse voice.

"Yeah?" He's still crying.

"I love you." She says weakly.

Her injuries are too severe to survive, even for a mutant with healing abilities. Laura runs over to Peter who's now punctured from back to front with the broken log.

"Laura" Peter says raising a hand to her cheek as she cries.

"Peter" She whispers.

"I love you." He says weakly. "No, no, no, no, no, no! Don't say that, ok? You're going to be fine Peter. We're going to go home."