Chapter 26: Fast Plan

"Tony we need to talk." Peter followed Tony into his office.

"Already 10 steps ahead of you, kid." Tony said, tapping on his keyboard.

"We need to get her back. She went because of me." Peter hung his head.

His heart breaks from the thought that he hurt her because of his own selfish reasons. He knows that Laura said her past was rough. Peter should have chalked it up to the fact that she wasn't ready to say everything. Now she's in the arms of the monster who made her feel like she's one. This is one thing he won't forgive himself for a while.

"Peter, we'll get her back. I promise. Right now we need to come up with a plan and fast or she'll be back to the old Laura." Tony gave hope to the boy knowing that this sort of thing has happened to him but instead Pepper was kidnapped not sacrificing herself.

"Let's sit down and find plan A-Z. Hydra is strong. We need every plan possible." The two sat down coming up with tons of plans.

At one point Peter was feeling so weak and hopeless that he cried. He blamed himself and Tony comforted him. By dinner they came up with every plan possible. Every nook and cranny was covered by young heroes who would be the strongest for that area. Now to present it to them and hope that it won't backfire.

"Alright everyone, I'm sorry to interrupt your dinner but this is highly important. As we all watched, Laura gave herself to Hydra for everyone's safety. We need to get her back and soon or they will turn her into the so called monster she used to be. We have every nook and cranny covered with our plans on attacking them to get Laura back." He paused looking at the students who waited for him to continue.

"This will be your first chance at showing that you truly are an Avenger. Who cares if she was never nice to you, it's about showing that you really are a team and you're willing to help whoever you can because that's what kind of hero you are. I'll need everyone. This won't be easy, but it'll be worth it." After Tony's speech, students began to come forward to see what their roles are.

"Now that everyone knows what they'll be doing, we go tomorrow. We have the exact location. As an old friend once said, 'You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed... walk it off." Tony continued on how important it is to save Laura before dismissing everyone.

Peter went back to his room taking off his clothes from the day. He was too physically and emotionally exhausted from the day that he lay there on his bed in just a fresh pair of boxers he put on. Staring at the ceiling, he felt all the guilt rushing to him again. Even if those were lies about Laura, he should've stayed by her side. Who cares what her real name is? Who cares if she was a weapon in the past? Or technically future... past? What should have mattered is who she is now. Peter was too selfish in a moment where the one he loves needed him the most. He let her down and broke her heart more than his was.

Then the thought came across, does she think they broke up? Peter now feared that when he finds Laura that she won't want to even go near him because he betrayed her. Every painful thought that could come to mind right now was coming. He sat up and let the tears flow. All he could do is think about how badly he fucked up and now she might not even be the same person when he gets her back. Peter doesn't know how quickly they'll get to work on her. All he knows is that he needs her. He doesn't want to live without her. To get himself to calm down he thinks of every positive thing he can. The first is prom night.

Seeing her in her beautiful dress, her on his arm when they show up. Laura dancing so carefree and him falling even more in love with her. The perfect slow dancing at the end of the night that would end with a kiss. Leaving the ball room and making their way to the room. Not being to wait any longer and starting to make out in the elevator. Getting undressed and skipping everything else that was asked for and getting straight to the sweet, sweet love making.

Then after high school. The life he desperately wants to have with her. Finding the perfect ring, asking her to be his forever. The day they get married. The day she announces to him after trying, that she's pregnant and coming up with silly nicknames like Spider Wolf or Wolf Spider. He knows that the actual animal is not a wolf but the names are for fun. Her going into labor while he's doing his Spider-Man duties.

Him dropping everything to watch his first child be born. Peter didn't care that he's only 18 and already thinking these things. He needs to keep having hope. Peter loves Laura that much to where if he could financially do it, he would swing his ass to the nearest jewelry store and pick out the perfect ring. He kept thinking about the ring, what would look like, how big it would be. Getting lost in his thoughts on her ring, Peter eventually fell asleep, hoping tomorrow will be his lucky day.