Chapter 18: This

Laura felt the light squeeze and her eyes fluttered open from the beginning of a nightmare. Just the look on her face said it all. Was she dreaming about the incident?

"Peter?" Her voice was hoarse from everything.
Peter nodded with a half smile that showed his pain. Tears started to fall from her eyes and she began to sob again. She grabbed his hand kissed it a dozen times. Laura was still heartbroken but ultimately relieved. She had her lover back.

"Laura, come here. Just don't squeeze." They chuckled and she hugged his fragile body.

He moved over so she could lay there with him and hold him lightly. Kind of like a pulling heart strings scene from a movie where a loved one is dying. But this time someone is living. Laura laid her head on his shoulder. Peter kissed her forehead and she felt that sense of security again. They lay like that for a moment.

"Peter?" He looked down into her eyes, seeing everything that has happened and the pain that hid behind her eyes.

"I love you." She blurted out. He was stunned by the confession but was happy to hear those words.

"Peter, I put your mask on and saw what you said. All I have to say is I love you too." Laura teared up again and Peter cursed at himself for chickening out in this moment.

Peter grabbed Laura's face with his other hand and kissed her. There was so much passion behind it that it was shocking that it didn't start a fire from the sparks. He eventually used some strength to have her sit on his lap as they kissed. Peter let out a grunt from pain and immediately Laura stopped what they were doing.

"I'm ok babe." He leaned back up to kiss her and things got heated quickly.

They made out like it'll be their last. There was so much passion behind it. They needed to be touching, they needed to be connected. His hands made their way to her waist holding with a firm grip as if he shouldn't let go. As if she'll perish if he does. Her hands rested on his toned chest, feeling the muscles under her hands. Her hands managed to travel upwards though they felt anchored there. Their tongues now fight for dominance. Laura's hands now held into his soft curly hair. By protocol, they had to make sure his hygiene was still up to par.

Both of them lost track of time and where they were. She started to move her hips needing to cause friction down there. Peter gave an almost inaudible growl. But Laura heard it and felt her whole body light up with the urge to take his hospital gown off. Peter could feel his manhood perk up as he watched Laura rip her shirt off, leaving her braless chest exposed. Laura missed the look he always had on his face when he saw any sexualized bit of her body exposed. The Tiger became hungry. Laura began to take off his gown but stopped when she saw the bruises and scars that were left over.

She didn't pay attention to what she was doing. Laura found herself tracing the scars with her fingers, feeling the rigid skin in them. The moment went from that of lust to admiration. She thought that she would feel upset seeing them, but now all she saw were scars of strength. Something both of them can look back on and feel more connected. This is the connection they craved. Peter took that time to notify Tony via tablet nearby that he was awake and well, don't send nurses in. He needs privacy with Laura. Tony let the staff know and gave Peter the ok to disconnect any IV's if he felt uncomfortable.

He then slipped his gown off after disconnecting the wire, leaving his body fully exposed to Laura. She took the hint to get off and fully undress. Though it hurt, Peter repositioned and waited for Laura. She got back into the bed and Peter hovered over her. Both their hearts raced as their eyes locked. Goosebumps rose on both their skins. This was the feeling they had both been waiting for. Peter brushed strands of hair out of her beautiful face. This was a sight that he was burning into his brain to last a lifetime. Both Peter and Laura gasped when Peter slid himself in. The goosebumps increased. It had been a while but now it was different.

The atmosphere was different. Their attitudes towards each other was completely different. This wasn't pleasing teen hormones. This was the purest of love. As Peter picked up the pace, Laura couldn't help but slide her fingers into his luscious locks. Only thing repeating in her head was, "This is love." The one she thing she has been wanting to feel. And here she was, feeling it. Though the location was odd, they didn't care. They made love as if they were going to lose each other again. All self doubts and fears out the window. All the pain and aches from Peter's injuries were now a distant memory as the moment took over. Nothing else mattered. Nothing else will matter... they hoped.