Chapter 38

"Alright, I'll talk to you later. Say hi to the others for me." Tom requested before hanging up. He hadn't noticed Tord enter nor leave, he had no idea that the informant was in here either. He had been too busy talking with Tamara over the phone. As if the cue, Tord entered the room.

"Glad to see you're awake." Tord said, sitting down next to Tom. He didn't want to make Tom suspicious on where he had been, so he made sure not to have any hints of his in counter with the informant. Tom had a warm smile on his face.

"Yeah, have been for a bit now." Tom informed forcing out a light chuckle. "I'd hug you right now, but I literally can't see sh!t." Tom said. He also was trying his best to make hand symbols as he spoke to get the point across. Luckily, Tord understood the hand signals easily. How? With the magic of plot and writing.

"I'll make sure to get on that." Tord said, hugging Tom. The two sat there in each other's embrace for quite a while, ten minutes at least. After all, Tom was unconscious for a week, and that was after not having seen each other for a year. That reminded Tom of something. He pulled away from the hug to continue making hand symbols.

"Oh yeah! How were you only in a coma for five months? I came to see you every week, and you were always in the same room, on the same bed, in the same position." Tom asked, confused. Tord let out a soft chuckle.

"My dad always made sure to tell me when you, Edd and Matt were coming. He would stall for me as I crawled in through the window. However, that was unsuccessful on the day you three found me." Tord answered. Tom stayed silent for a moment.

"Why did you fake it? I was worried...I even drank more than usual, just out of stress." Tom questioned, ruining the peaceful atmosphere. Tord wasn't sure on how to answer at first.

"I guess I was just...scared. I was having...nightmares during my coma state, where you would lash out at me, just like when Tommy took over a year ago...I guess I just became so paranoid that I was thought I was being given warnings..." Tord answered truthfully. Tom nodded, staying silent. Now, the atmosphere was awkward and upsetting. Tord stood up off the bed.

"I'm gonna go figure out a way to make sure you aren't blind anymore." Tord stated. Tom muttered a joke under his breath.

"Make sure it doesn't blow up this time." He muttered jokingly. He would say it out loud, but Tord wouldn't hear him anyways. He didn't mind, though. Instead, he decided to try and strike up some conversation with the medic. The medic, sadly, wasn't talking much, due to being 'busy'. So, Tom just continued his mostly one-sided conversation for the mean while.

(Okay, I'm just gonna put this out here now. I've been using they/them pronouns for the medic because they are Third Gender, and prefer They/Them the most, and okay with Xie/Xer and Zie/Zer. Even though they are biologically male.)