Chapter 13

"Edd this is a terrible idea." Tom groaned. Edd had forced Tom outside, since Tom had been acting differently and Edd was getting suspicious. Tom was trying desperately to bring up nothing about Tord, but as Edd kept talking and asking questions, it was getting harder. It had ended with Tom mentioning the Torm person he had lied about when on the phone back at the Red Army Base.

"I don't care! Something is up and I am concerned. Now, go get some diddly darn fresh air." Edd argued. He gentfully shoved Tom out of the Apartment Building, slamming the glass doors shut. Tom groaned in annoyance, starting his forced walk.

While walking down a street, he heard the end of a phone call. He pressed himself up against one of the walls, listening in.

"I need you and Paul to come and get me. I have a captive, and I have plans I need to complete." Tom heard a familiar voice say. A few seconds later, the figure hung up. Just then did Tom notice the heavy smell of blood. He cringed at the smell of it, with the blood surprisingly covering up the smell of the garbage in the alleyway. Tom shuffled over slightly, seeing the hair of a familiar figure. The hair was pointed up into caramel-coloured devil horns. The figure wore a bloodied, blue overcoat with fur on the hood. It took Tom a moment to realize who it was. He stepped back in fear. He took notice of the unconscious male on the ground. He tried to say something, but nothing came out.

"...T-Tord...?" Tom just managed to stutter out. Tord turned around sharply, a shocked look on his face. Tord dropped the pocket knife to the ground.

"Tom...fancy seeing you here." Tord greeted, letting out a small, awkward cough.

"What...What did you do to them...?" Tom asked in fear. Tom breathed heavily, due to being scared as hell. Tord didn't want to answer. Oh well.

"I-I...I don't know what happened...one second I was just passing by, the next this d**k-head was here, and something in me changed..." Tord answered, his voice low. Tom took a moment before responding.

"You must love hurting people."