Chapter 1

Tord POV

I stared at the wall of my room. It was empty, like it normally was. I was sitting on my bed, not bothering to leave. I stood up and stretched a bit. I looked over at the time.

'12:34.' I thought to myself. I headed over to the small mini fridge that Paul and Patryck had left for me since I never leave my room, well, barely leave my room. I leave occasionally, but only if I need to.

I saw it was empty, which meant I had to go out.

"Faen." I mumbled, hoping I said it right. Probably did. At least I wasn't talking to other people. I headed for my phone to ask Paul or Patryck to get groceries. A few minutes later, I had texted both of them and they both said that they were busy. Way to be helpful...

I walked out of my bedroom door, a couple soldiers saluting me when I walked past. Most of them were probably training or something. I headed out of the base and walked to the store, getting everything I'll need.

I obviously needed to try and tell the cashier of my condition, but other than that my way there and the shopping part was easy. My way out was another story.

I walked out the door, a few bags in my hands. I turned a corner ran into someone. A couple bags fell to the ground as well as me. I stood up and started heading off, my head looking straight forward. The person in front of me stopped me.

Tom POV

I had been walking down the street to get some stuff for the other's when I had bumped into someone. Before I could say anything, they started walking away.

"Uh, you gonna get your things?" I asked. The man just continued walking, not saying anything in return. Rude.

I reacted quickly by grabbing their wrist. They seemed to yelp in pain. They spun around and faced me. They had a striking resemblance to Tord, but, he's dead...right?

"I asked you a question, now answer me."

Tord POV

The man had grabbed my wrist for no reason what so ever. I turned around quickly to face him. To face Tom.

He opened his mouth, probably speaking. My hand darted for my notepad and I quickly wrote down 'Sorry, I can't hear what your saying.'

I showed it to Tom, trying to hide my face. In fear, of course. I know, I'm a wanted criminal who runs an Army, and I'm scared of someone who has less authority than me, kill me. I mean, you can't blame me. He shot me down and caused me to be deaf, how could anyone not be scared. I just hoped that he didn't recognize me.

Tom POV

I read he sloppily written note, slightly confused.

"What do you mean you can't hear me?" I asked annoyed. The man sighed and wrote something else down before showing it to me. 'I'm deaf idiot' it read. I sighed and let go, stuffing my hands in my pockets. I handed him his stuff before walking off.

Tord POV (sorry for the constant POV change, it's just so the story can go more smoothly)

I watched as Tom left. I put my note pad away and ran back to the base. I didn't want to encounter another one of my Old Friends.