Chapter 18

I paced back and forth, with Matt trying to calm me down. I had gotten the call from Tom almost an hour ago, but I didn't really notice how long it had been. I kept on having the same questions run through my head. I was a mess right now.

"What if he left us thinking Tord was safe? What if Tord kills him? What if Tom leaves us like Tord did? Matt...what if we never see Tom again?" I asked in a state of panic and worry. Matt was trying desperately to calm me down at this point by trying every trick in the book, but nothing worked. I was just too worried. Heck, he even offered me cola, but not even that worked.

"Edd, Tam will be fine. I'm sure there is a reason behind this." Matt insisted. I turned to him.

"But what if he hates us? What if Tord convinces Tom to try and kill us by using that hatred?" I questioned. Matt was speechless. I took deep breaths, finally beginning to calm down. I let out a long sigh.

"Sorry, it's just...I'm worried, Matt. Tom is our friend, and has been nothing but caring towards us since we met, even if he doesn't show it...I'm scared Matt." I rambled. Matt smiled warmly.

"If he really does care about us, then he will come back to us. Look, I'm worried and scared too, but we need to stay strong for Tim." Matt assured. I stared at him for a moment in complete silence.

"Wow...that's the most deep thing I think you've ever said." I muttered under my breath. Matt chuckled, signalling he heard me. I knew Matt was right. If Tom truly cares about us, then we will see him walk through the apartment building doors, and hear him enter his own apartment.

Tom POV

'So, what am I supposed to tell Edd & Matt?' I texted. Tord shrugged.

"You can tell them that you never meant to hurt their feelings and that I say Hi." Tord responded. "That and everything is the Spider's fault"

'Of course it is' Tom texted. He sighed, as well as rolled his empty eyes.

"What? Spiders deserve to die a slow and painful death and you know it." Tord insisted, folding his arms.

'You realize their basically harmless, right?' Tom typed.

"LIES!" Tord yelled, making it obvious that his Arachnophobia is never going to end.