Chapter 36

Tord was waiting outside of the hospital room Tom was in. It had been almost a week now, and Tord was getting impatient. Tord hadn't slept for a single second within this time. He wasn't going to sleep, he was too scared to deal with exhaustion. Tord paced back and forth in front of the door, his arms folded behind his back.

He also hasn't eaten very much, only a small meal in the middle of the week. That was only so he wouldn't die from starvation, however. He has kept himself semi-distracted, however. He's been visiting Edd and Matt daily, keeping them updated on Tom's status. Tord remembers the day he told them what happened to Tom as if it was just moments before.

Tord walked down the rainy streets of London, the apartment building coming more into view by the second. He soon stepped in through the doors, feeling relieved to get out of the rain. Without going to the counter first, he walked over to the elevator on his right. The elevator on the left was currently out of order, with a sign hanging from the roof above it.

Tord stepped into the elevator after the doors slid open, attempting to remember what floor Edd and Matt were on. After a few seconds, he finally recalled their apartments being on the seventh floor. He pressed the circular button, imprinted with the number 7. It glowed once pressed, signaling the elevator shafts to carry Tord to the seventh floor.

The walls were a dull-lilac colour, with the floor a misty grey hue. The doors were metallic, just like any other elevator. There were swirled patterns on the walls, not resembling anything in particular. The elevator let out a ding once reaching the seventh floor, the doors sliding open afterwards.

Tord stepped out, glancing around. He knew Tom's apartment number, 708, which meant that Edd would most likely be either 709 or 707. Taking a chance, Tord knocked on the apartment to the right of Tom's, 709. Luckily, this was Edd's apartment. When Edd stepped out of his apartment, he gave Tord a friendly wave. Tord decided to get to the point as soon as he could.

"Edd, can you get Matt over here? I need to talk to you both." Tord requested. Edd gave Tord a confused look, clearly having something on his mind. Tord, being the smart and prepared person he was, pulled out a notepad and pen for Edd to write on.

'What about Tom? Shouldn't he be with you? And what happened with Eduardo?' Edd quickly wrote on the notepad, handing it back to Tord to read. Once finished reading, Tord looked up to face Edd.

"I'll explain once Matt's here." He answered vaguely. Edd let out let out a soft sigh before stepping to the side, allowing Tord to enter. Edd then left the apartment, heading over to Matt's.

Instead of snooping around like a good army leader should, he sat down on the couch. He would be stooping pretty low to be snooping around in his boyfriends friend's apartment. That, and Tord is trying to gain Edd and Matt's full trust, not break it again.

Edd soon returned with Matt beside him, hand in hand. It actually took them five minutes to finally enter the apartment, due to both of them offering to let the other in first. They only stopped when Tord had cleared his throat, reminding the couple of his visit. Once the two entered, they sat down on the couch.

Tord stood up, walking up to the front of the room. This was by instinct, as he was used to giving important speeches back at his base. "This may be a little worrying to hear, but I'll keep it short. Tom is injured." Tord informed, Edd and Matt worried instantly.