Chapter 23 - Ryan

Start from the beginning

"Maybe. So, how was practice?" Skylar asks and looks me in the eyes.

My face heats up.

I hope he doesn't notice.

"Practice was great. I didn't get yelled at so that's good." I say and walk over to sit next to Skylar on the couch.

"Hmm. I should go back to the rink. There's this competition coming up in a few weeks. You think I should sigh up for it?" Skylar asks.

In the past few weeks Skylar has become more lively and energetic. He smiled a lot more than he used too, and he laughs.

I like this version of him.

He was cuter this way.

"I think you should do it. Your really good at ice skating." I say.

"Yeah.. but there's a 67 percent chance of me loosing." He says. His mood drops, and he frowns.

"Yeah but that other 43 percent is still there. You can't give up before you even start." I say and smile.

"That's true. But what if-"

I cut him off.

"But what if you win?" I say. "If you win I'll take you out. Anywhere you like. Just promise me that you'll try your best."

"I guess so..."

Skylar was blushing.

"So it's a deal?" I say holding out my hand for him to shake.

"It's a deal." Skylar says and shakes my hand.

I can tell he's upset.

I wanted to do something but there wasn't much that I could do. He just sat next to me looking at the floor.

"Does Skylar need a hug?" Parker says and looks at me.

I turned to Skylar and he nodded his head.

"Yeah. He needs a hu-" I say.

Then Skylar hugs me.

I was blushing.

I turn to Skylar and so was he.

"Yay! Group hug!!" Parker says and hugs me and Skylar.

Skylar got really close to my face. If I turned my head, our lips would almost be touching. I had the fight the urge not to kiss him.

I was red.

"W-what do you think my parents would think if I sighed up and lost?" He whispered in my ear. His voice was shaky and small.

To be honest I didn't know what his parents would do. I knew that they hit him, but I didn't know how.

"Well, if you loose then you can just stay over here, you don't have to tell them." I say.

Parker had a confused look on his face.

"Loose what?" Parker asks.

"It's nothing Parker. Why don't you go and draw me another picture?" I say and he skips into his room.

"Can we go to your room?" Skylar asks. I nod my head and we begin to walk to  my room.

********

We were enjoying each other's embrace as we had little conversations.

"So, How long do you want to hug?" I ask. We've been hugging for about 15 minutes.

"Five more minutes.." Skylar said quietly, hugging me tighter.

"That's what you said five minutes ago."

There was a minute of silence before Skylar spoke.

"What do you think about gay people?" Skylar asked.

"I don't know. Why?"

"I... I'm g-gay."

I didn't know how to feel.

Was it a good thing? I guess I'm gay too so I should be happy right?

"You probably don't want to hug a fag.." He said sadly and let go. "I'm tired. Good night."

"I don't think badly of you. Your not a fag. Your still Skylar, so there shouldn't be a reason why I wouldn't want to hug you." I say. I was looking g Skylar in the eyes and the looked shocked.

"B-but Veronica said that you were a homophobe..." He said and sat on his bed.

"Yeah, but people can change their mind." I say and smiled a little.

"Okay..." Skylar said. He got under his covers. "Im glad you changed your mind."

Skylar quickly ran up to me and gave me a hug.

"I'm very glad you changed your mind." He whispered in my ear.

I'm glad too.

I really really like you Skylar.

And if you keep messing with my head, like you've been doing lately,

I'll reach my limit.