Chapter 3

Nyla's p.o.v

After eating the yummy soup, I felt better than before with a full stomach. Peter was walking up to me with an apple which he handed to me "I'm not hungry anymore," I say and he nods with a smirk.

"I know, its not for eating" He says causing me to scrunch up my face in confusion.

"Its for a game I call target practice" He said holding up a crossbow. What the hell is he going to make me do?

"You cant be serious?" I say but Pan only smiled a mischievous look in his eyes.

"Oh Felix" He said and a boy who had a scar on the side of his face came up to Pan. He didn't seemed phased by what was about to happen.

"Is he at least a good shot?" I asked, my voice shaking at the thought for being shot at.

"Doesn't matter because he's not doing the shooting, you are" Pan states causing me to panic at the fact that I could most likely kill someone which wasn't in my nature at all.

"But I've never used one before. What if I kill him?" I say but Pan just gave an evil smirk and handed me the crossbow.

Felix stood in front of a tree and placed the apple on his head, Pan and the other lost boys starting shouting "SHOOT" over and over again. I raised the bow and aimed it for the apple, I was nervous I closed my eyes and pulled the trigger.

I didn't hear screaming in pain so I opened my eyes, my other hand was raised and the arrow had stopped just before it could hit Felix, if I hadn't stopped the arrow it would've peirce Felix's heart.

"Well that was exhilarating? See you didn't kill him," Peter says but all I could feel was anger in that moment.

"BUT IF I WASN'T MAGICAL THEN I COULD'VE!" I screamed as I storm off to me tent.

This isn't like the Neverland I grew up reading about.

When I got to my tent I opened my photo album and looked at the picture of my mom, she died when I was 5, thats when dad became a drunk and began hitting me. Tears fell from my eyes as I looked at her smile, something that I've missed for 13 years, I picked up my guitar and began singing my favorite song by Ed Sheeran, It was my favorite song by him because I could relate to it the most. (Play song at the top)

I took the supermarket flowers from the windowsill,

Threw the day-old tea from the cup,

Packed up the photo album Matthew had made,

Memories of a life that's been loved.

Took the get well soon cards and stuffed animals,

Poured the old ginger beer down the sink,

Dad always told me, "don't you cry when you're down,"

But mum there's a tear every time that I blink.

Oh I'm in pieces it's tearing me up but I know

A heart that's broke is a heart that's been loved

So I'll sing Hallelujah, you were an angel in the shape of my mum.

When I fell down you'd be there holding me up,

Spread your wings as you go, and when God takes you back,

He'll say, "Hallelujah, you're home."

I fluffed the pillows, made the beds, stacked the chairs up,

Folded your nightgowns neatly in a case.

John said he'd drive, then put his hand on my cheek,

And wiped a tear from the side of my face.

I hope that I see the world as you did 'cause I know

A life with love is a life that's been lived

So I'll sing Hallelujah, you were an angel in the shape of my mum.

When I fell down you'd be there holding me up,

Spread your wings as you go, and when God takes you back,

He'll say, "Hallelujah, you're home."

Hallelujah, you were an angel in the shape of my mum,

You got to see the person that I have become,

Spread your wings, and I know that when God took you back,

He said, "Hallelujah, you're home."

"Oh mom, everything was so simple when you were around. Dad didn't beat me. I felt wanted and loved and I wasn't scared of having magic and being a mermaid. You believed in me and was probably from the world I came from because you didn't freak out when you found this stuff out. Why did you have to go? I miss you mom, more than anything in the world," I say looking at her picture she might not have been my real birth mother but she still was my mom and I loved and missed her with all my heart. I put my guitar down and laid on my bed, after a few hours of staring at the ceiling, I finally fell asleep...

So now Nyla knows what Peter is like, do you think she will be able to change him. Only way to find out is in later chapters, I hope you like it and thanks for reading.

Bailey