"What if its a girl?" namjoon asks.

"Highly doubt it, this little one is definitely a boy. I wanted a girl too," seokjin pouts. He always wanted a little girl and he thinks the boys would be such protective older brothers but i guess that wouldn't be happening.

"Well... we could always try again?"

"Not even in your dreams."

-

Seokjin had started feeling a little sick a few minutes after their walk so they went back to the room. A nurse took his vitals and checked the baby, assuring the parents that both were doing great. She put an iv in and told him to try to get some rest, he was progressing slowly. Namjoon rubbed his feet while he tried to sleep. He spoon fed him some ice chips as well and made sure he was there with the bin when seokjin felt like throwing up.

Seokjin tried to sleep but he just felt so bad. Labor was truly the worst, sure some people got it easy and could be in labor for 4 hours while others were there for 10 plus hours. He felt emotional and tired and like throwing up, he felt drained and just wanted to sleep. This was only temporary though he reminded himself. Soon they'd have their baby and everything would be fine. He just felt weird and jittery and just sick, with hoseok it had been a breeze. Every pregnancy is different though, he just had to suck it up for now.

"Rub my belly," seokjin cried. Namjoon rubbed his belly and back in a slow comforting manner. He would never truly know what going through this would be like, he could only watch his husband move around in discomfort.

"Want some water?" namjoon asked. He wiped the sweat from seokjin's brow and grabbed his ice cold water from the table when seokjin nodded. He brought the straw up to his lips and let him drink as much as he wanted.

"This sucks," seokjin pouted. Namjoon chuckled and kissed his sweaty forehead.

"I know baby, sorry im making you go through this," he apologized half heartedly. Seokjin chuckled before wincing and reaching for namjoon's hand.

"Its-its okay," namjoon really did feel kind of bad though. It was hard watching someone you love go through pain. He doesn't know how long this will last and he's starting to get a little anxious.

"You want me to rub your feet?"

"no , my back please," namjoon happily obliged.

-

A few hours later and seokjin was still in the same curled up position in the hospital bed. He had walked around a little more but after a particularly hard contraction the nurses thought it'd be best if he stayed in bed now. He hasn't asked for the epidural yet, he could last a few more minutes without it. At least that's what he told himself, just a few more minutes and he'd get it. Namjoon had been rubbing his lower back for the past hour, not that any of them were complaining. The baby's heartbeat was playing in the background which distracted seokjin. He focused on the sound of his baby and was able to drift in and out of sleep a few times. The nurse once again assured him that him and baby were doing great.