chapter 28

With the news of the twins possible disabilities namjoon and seokjin got straight to work. Seokjin did so much research, called people, visited the doctor's office regularly, he did everything he could to get as much knowledge on their babies conditions. Namjoon worked as much as he could, he even wanted to get a second job but seokjin talked him out of it. The kids needed their father around as much as possible and they were fortunate enough to not need to get extra jobs.

Since the twins were still little it was hard to tell if their conditions would get better or worse. They couldn't tell how bad taehyung's eyesight was but from the tests he was put through it wasn't exactly the best. Jimin however seemed to not have much hearing, it was too early to tell but kyungsoo had said 80% of his hearing seemed to be gone. He said it was probably caused from the mother, she most likely had some sort of illness while pregnant with them. It could happen to anyone, pregnancies are different for everyone and you never know what could happen. The adoption process was exhausting. It seemed to be more complicated with the twins then the process was for yoongi. Seokjin didn't mind too much, the most important thing right now was the twins health.

The kids didn't quite understand what was going on but namjoon and seokjin had started to incorporate sign language into their everyday life. Yoongi had been confused for a while but they made sure to sit him down and talk to him about the situation.

"Jiminie can't hear me? a-and taetae cant s-see me?" yoongi pouted, tears filling his eyes.

"Dont worry honey, dont be scared okay? You can still talk to him he just has a harder time understanding, but a good way to get him to understand is by learning sign language and using it to help him understand," seokjin hugged his son tightly.

"Like this," namjoon made both of his hands into an L shape. He put his nondominant hand by his chest, he used his dominant hand and brought it down from his forehead onto his other hand. Yoongi followed along with his dad obediently.

"That means little brother," yoongi wiped his chubby cheeks and did it again.

"Like this?"

"Just like that baby," seokjin praised.

"And taetae will get better, he can't see you yet but one day he will so don't worry," namjoon soothed. Yoongi nodded and looked over at his siblings, he'd protect them at all costs.

Hoseok didn't seem to notice anything was wrong. Of course he was only a year old so he didn't understand much. He caught onto the sign language fast though, he would always sign the word sun. seokjin thought it was so cute. Though things got stressful sometimes they all tried their best to not let it affect them that much. They would get through this and even if things got too hectic they stuck together.

"Time to eat babies!" seokjin made the sign for the word eat at jimin making him giggle. Taehyung stretched his little arms out for seokjin.

He set them in their high chairs and handed a small spoon to yoongi. He loved feeding his younger brothers, he was the best hyung to them. He tied their bibs and fed them each until they were full. Jimin rubbed his eye with a chubby fist while trying to sign sleep.