chapter 7

Time flies when your taking care of a little one. Mainly because they seem to grow 2 inches every day. Yoongi is now talking more than before. He knows how to say his name, properly greet people, and he even knows the alphabet! Its only been about 2 or 3 months and so much has happened.

"eomma geen!" he smiles proudly holding up some leaves. They celebrate with ice cream.

"yoongi lubs appa!" he places a big open mouthed kiss on his daddy's cheek. Namjoon tears up a little but wipes it away before seokjin or yoongi can see.

"yoongi d-drawed tis!" both parents coo at his lisp and hang his scribbles in the living room. Namjoon insisted that on the refrigerator it wasn't visible enough.

They've started marking on a wall how big he grows every time they remember. He hasn't grown too much but yoongi still jumps excitedly the first time they show him how tall he is. he's so curious about everything around him. He constantly asks his dad why and how. It drives them a little crazy but they love him.

Often times for bedtime seokjin would read him a bedtime story. Except now yoongi will go, "I can do it," in his cute baby voice and then continue to make up a story based on the picture the page presents. Most of the time his words are jumbled up and seokjin and namjoon only understand half of it, but they still listen intently and ooh and ahh every moment they can.

Jinyoung and his boys come over regularly. Yugyeom loves to take care of his little "melon." He always carries him over puddles and kisses his booboos. Bambam always makes yoongi laugh. He'll make the weirdest faces just to see that gummy smile. They'll teach him new words, songs, tricks. They love their little melon.

His favorite grandmother inhwa has stepped up tremendously. She takes care of yoongi and gives namjoon and him alone time. They love yoongi to death but they need 'personal' time too. Namjoon just doesn't know how to contain himself sometimes.

Though they have good days they also have bad days. Days where seokjin will get frustrated and cry in the hallway closet. Days where yoongi will whine and cry all day for unknown reasons. Days where namjoon will stay and work late, and not get home until past midnight.

Those are the times that are really hard for not only seokjin but yoongi too. He'll whine and his little eyes will fill with tears because "where appa?" and seokjin just doesn't know what to say. On those days seokjin will sit up and rock yoongi for as long as it takes. Sometimes he'll still be rocking him by the time namjoon gets back. Sometimes seokjin can't even look at him. He's told him countless times that he needs him there. They both do.

"this is the third time this week namjoon," seokjin will say, so frustrated namjoon can see his ears are turning red.

"well it's not like you work to help out!" namjoon had told him one day. He still remembers the look on seokjins face. He looked so hurt. Namjoon was the one that told him he didn't have to work and here he is criticizing him for it.

"you better get yourself together because if you're going to keep saying snarky shit like that you can sleep in yoongi's room," and he says it so calmly that namjoon shivers a little. He had really fucked up that day.