chapter 6

Seokjin is getting yoongi dressed when he hears it again. Namjoon is tickling his little tummy every chance he can and yoongi laughs so loud seokjin smiles so big. He's squirming and panting and swatting at his big hands. 

"appa!" he jumps into namjoons arms and he almost drops him because did he just hear that right? His eyes water a little but instead he buries his face into yoongi's little neck and blows raspberries into it. He squeals ago and then reaches towards seokjin.

"eomma!" he makes grabby hands and this time they do freeze.

What do they think, what does this mean? So many questions are going through seokjins head and yoongi is starting to frown a little. He reaches out to him again and finally seokjin takes him into his arms. Squeezing him close and kissing his forehead.

Did he call him mom? they've never told yoongi to call them specific names. He just picked up appa from yugyeom and Bambam who occasionally call jinyoung that. Maybe he picked it up from cartoons or maybe namjoon taught him. Either way the breath gets knocked out of seokjin.

Seokjin doesn't necessarily mind being called mom. yoongi is little, about 3 so he doesn't know any better. If he wants to call him mom he can, yoongi knows the difference between a boy ad a girl. Maybe it's because seokjin is so kind and nurturing towards him, maybe it's because seokjin is softer and gentle while namjoon is somewhat the opposite. Either way he does his best to reassure yoongi, and namjoon, that calling him eomma is alright.

They finish changing him and namjoon takes yoongi outside to play while the social worker arrives. They did exactly say what she would be doing there but seokjin made sure there wasn't a single thing out of place. He moped the floors and vacuumed the carpets in the bedroom. He made sure to baby proof some things like the sockets and the corners of the coffee table, yoongi could be a bit reckless when excited. They had his bedroom set up even if he didn't exactly have a bed yet. The point is seokjin was going a little crazy. He's scared someone will show up and take yoongi, or they'll see him as unfit to care for him. He never really thought about how stressful being a parent could be, and he's only been doing it for a few days.

There's a knock at the door and he almost drops the glasses of water he's carrying towards the coffee table. Quickly he fixes himself and heads towards the front door. Deep breaths, he reminds himself before opening the door.

"hello is this the Kim residence?" a kind woman asks. Seokjin immediately relaxes at her smile. She's got big green and hazel eyes. She looks quite young but she holds her head high. Her hair is short and she has choppy bangs, they somehow suite her.

"hi my name is lee sungkyung... the social worker," she trails off bowing and gripping her purse in her hands. She looks nervous for some reason.

"yes I'm seokjin come in," they quickly situate themselves in the living room. Seokjins starting to get a little nervous again.

"ok well I'm here to check if the child is or will be living in a safe and healthy environment, umm... if you don't mind I have to look around," she reads off a little notepad. She looks at him with those big eyes before standing up and walking around. Seokjin doesn't follow because his nerves are eating at him. He calms himself just as yoongi runs into the house. His little cheeks are flushed from the heat and his hair is starting to get wet from sweat.