Ch.26 ~ Alstroemeria

Alstroemeria - Friendship 

"Seriously, no! No! NO YOONGI THAT'S NOT HOW YOU DO IT" Bambam screeched as he twisted his arms to begin thrashing at the controller buttons. He almost threw the whole controller across the room when the block letters in a blood red font appeared on the screen, spelling out 'End'. Glaring at Yoongi, Bambam huffed and leant back against the bed.

The two of them were sat on the floor in Yoongi's bedroom, leaning up against the side of the bed having already spent hours playing on Bambam's Xbox that he had brought over for the day. It was his lifeline in this country considering how good he was at almost every game compared to pretty much everything else. But hey, it's not like he tries to do well at anything else.. 

"Sorry Kun" Yoongi cried as he fell back in a fit of giggles. The boy had been smiling so much that Bambam almost didn't recognise him. Before, Yoongi rarely smiled, let alone laughed. Things seem to have changed since he had been gone. The very thought of that being true made Bambam smile back at the boy, burning the image of him so happy into his memory so that he'd remember his friend like this forever. 

"Fine, fine. I'll forgive you since it's been a while," Bambam loved the sound of Yoongi laughing, it was enough to make him forget the game-fuelled anger that came with Yoongi completely and utterly sucking at every game they played other than Guitar Hero. "But you owe me ice cream!" 

"Okay" Yoongi sighed while rubbing his cheeks that no doubt ached from laughing so much. 

"Chocolate! Plus size" Bambam demanded cheekily. 

"Sure. Ok. But that's it for now, I owe you so much ice cream now you'll blow up by the time you eat it all" Because that was their thing. Whoever lost owed the other person ice cream. They'd always end up sharing it in the end, bent over tubs with spoons clutched in their sticky. That was how some of their best memories together happened. It was magical. 

They settled down for a few minutes, random bursts of quiet giggles keeping the room from awkward silence. It was when they were both staring up at the ceiling with small smiles on their faces that Bambam broke the silence. 

"Can I ask what's making you so happy lately?" He kept his voice low. 

Yoongi didn't answer at first. When Bambam turned his head to look over at his friend he saw how Yoongi's face was flushed and his eyes were a little wide. Perhaps he shouldn't have been so direct. Maybe he should have texted him later that night when they weren't sat right next to each other. 

"There's..someone." Bambam finally heard his friend say. Someone? What kind of someone? 

"Do you like them?" He knew Yoongi was aware of what kind of 'like' he was talking about. 

More silence. Then: "I think I love him." 

Bambam opened his mouth to reply but couldn't find a single word to say. By the way Yoongi turned to meet Bambam's gaze, a panicked look in his eyes, his mouth set in a strange frown, he could tell that the boy was probably regretting having admitted something like that aloud. Bambam made his voice work. 

"Then I hope I get to meet him sometime soon." He couldn't help but smile at the relief on Yoongi's face and in the way the boy's shoulders sagged with a sigh. Honestly, the fact that Yoongi was talking about a boy didn't shock him at at. He had kind of guessed. But the hear Yoongi say he loves someone.. Bambam kind of loves them both together even if he doesn't know anything about who Yoongi was talking about. 

"Yeah." Yoongi nodded his head, his cheeks still red. "When you come back to school you can have lunch with us." 

Bambam's heart broke a little.

"Yoongi, I'm leaving. For good." 

----------------------------------

So I thought it had been only a week since I last updated but clearly I'm oblivious to real time. 

I almost had to go stay in London for a bit but now I get to stay with my grandparents instead which is the best (they have PUPPIES).