Ch.14 ~ Iris

Iris - Faith & Wisdom 

Note: As an Iris can be other colours there are different meanings. Also, the meaning I have chosen may not be entirely correct in all cases since the meaning depends on location and era (e.g flowers had different meanings in Victorian times.). 

Yoongi's POV 

Upon entering the cafe, Yoongi found that the cafe was more magical than that of the outside which looked just liked something out of a fantasy book. He quickly scanned the interior with his eyes as Jimin took his hand in his and gently pulled him forward. The material of the other boy's jumper that hung over his rather small hands was soft and pleasing against Yoongi's skin.

Inside the cafe he saw the basic wooden tables adorned which pastel cloth and chairs to match, all of a light brown colour. The walls were painted to look like either the sun was setting or rising; pink, yellow and orange clouds  floating around the pale blue of the sky. Scattered around the room, plush-looking pillow shaped like clouds sat upon the chairs, and small watering cans sat as centerpieces, each of which housed an array of daisies.  To Yoongi it felt as though he had stepped into a fairy tale, one that his mother had read to him as a child. It was truly magical. 

What's more, Yoongi couldn't think this small bit of paradise couldn't be any better but was proven completely wrong as he looked up and saw a sky of petals right above his head. It appeared that dozens upon dozens of hanging baskets full of different kinds of flowers  were hanging from above. Yoongi couldn't even see an inch of the actual ceiling. It was breathtaking. He wasn't even aware he had stopped walking until he felt a tug at his hand.

"Yoongi?" Jimin's bubbly voice called. It was a very pleasant sound amongst the soft jazz playing and slight chatter of an elderly couple and some girls who appeared to be about 12 that were giggling over a large selection of brightly coloured iced cupcakes spread-out before them. Yoongi took note of them and the other two people who sat separately: a girl who looked to be around their age with textbooks open on the table in front of her and a man with graying hair who was reading. 

"Hm?" Yoongi replied, sounding dazed but also startled. 

"It's super pretty right?~ I love it here" There was that smile again. Yoongi could only nod and smile to himself as Jimin turned around again and continued walking. They sat down a few seconds later. 

The table that Jimin had chosen was to the side and up close to the wall, separated by a long bench that could probably fit 6 people. Jimin sat on the bench while Yoongi on a chair facing him from the other side of the table. 

It became silent for a minute or two. During that time Yoongi tried his best to listen to the music playing and look up at the colours floating above his head. But nothing could distract him from the boy sat opposite him who hadn't taken his eyes off of him. It made his cheeks feel flushed and his stomach tingle slightly. He both loved the attention but wanted to hide from it as over the years he had not found such a thing to be a good thing. He thanks his peers for that. 

The action of covering his face with his hands as best as he could without looking stupid was his only way of reacting. Yoongi ducked his head, green locks falling over his eyes, and felt his cheeks get even hotter because Jimin is watching me...

"Hey"  a whisper sounded close to his ear. It shocked him. Yoongi's hands fell from his face and upon turning his head he saw how frighteningly close Jimin's face now was to his own, the other boy leaning across the table that separated them both. Their hair was almost blending together in a blurred mixture of sunset orange and mint green, their lips were mere breaths away. 

Yoongi let out a sound, his own eyes wide and so very close to those of the Park Jimin. 

"Want some milkshake?" Yoongi was completely sure he had never heard a voice as sweet as Jimin's. 

He nodded and moved his head back with a small noise that escaped his suddenly dry lips. The sight of Jimin walking over to a counter at the back of cafe and then the sound of him laughing along with the worker was soothing. He took that time to calm himself down and try to look at least a little less flustered. 

Park Jimin what have you done to me

He got his answer whilst lying in bed that night thinking about the events of the day and how he spent almost two whole hours talking to Park Jimin in the cafe full of flowers, and had only just then realised that after the first 10 or so minutes of awkward mumbling on his part he spoke to the other boy as comfortably as if he had been talking to the boy with hair like the sun his whole life. 

It came to him slowly, almost like he was reading a story slowly and with careful effort as he read each word and marveled at their brilliance. 

He has a crush on Park Jimin. 

--------------------------------------

So the main thing about this was Yoongi's garden at the school and I will get onto that soon. Also, I'm going to make some changes in the earlier chapters or just not go into detail about them because the deal with the girl's grave he visited and the mostly evil Got7 is too much and I'd much rather write fluffy Yoonmin. Buuut I will touch on those characters too since I have ideas but just know that this will mainly be fluff from now on.  :))

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it and to those who don't have a good day tomorrow, I hope everybody relaxes well and has a good time :)