Ch.16 ~ Aster

Aster - Patience 

Yoongi had been messaging back and to with his closest and only (if you didn't include Jimin) friend. Kun, as Yoongi liked to call him even the younger boy addresses himself as 'Bambam', was soon to return to Korea where he currently lived. The other boy had gone to stay in Thailand for the past 5 months due to his Grandmother's poor health. 

The news of his friend returning made Yoongi feel beyond excited, so excited that even the endless memes and silly pictures that his friend sent to him couldn't stump it. He was actually laughing out loud openly after seeing a ridiculously unflattering picture Kun had sent to him that he didn't think twice when he answered his phone once it started ringing. 

"Kun!! I can't believe-" Yoongi broke off in a burst of strong laughter as he tried to speak to who he assumed was Bambam calling. 

"Yoongi?" The voice instantly put a stop to Yoongi's laughter as he quickly pulled his phone away from his ear and checked the caller ID. 

"Jimin!" Yoongi blurted out the caller's name without thinking first and felt the embarrassment take over as he realised he must have snorted with laughter at least twice since he had answered the call. 

"Yoongi~ Did you think I was somebody else?" Jimin's voice, as usual, sounded full gentle laughter and for some reason made Yoongi feel a great deal calmer. 

Yoongi stuttered out a meek 'yes' and used his free hand to fan his face as it was hot and no doubt completely red. 

"Oh! I'm sorry, I'll leave you the-"

"No!" Yoongi interrupted rather loudly, "I mean, sorry, I wasn't expecting anybody else to call, so...Mm" 

Over the line Yoongi could hear muffled giggles that sounded sweet and brought an easy smile to Yoongi's own face. 

"Oh, Yoongi.." Jimin started and then explained to Yoongi how Jimin was bored and simply felt like calling him. The fact that Jimin chose Yoongi out of many other people made butterfly flutter in his stomach. 

"That's nice, Jimin" Yoongi said, voice calm and relaxed. 

"It is?" On the other hand, Jimin sounded rather shy. 

"Yeah.. Nobody really calls me and, well, I like talking to you" Yoongi confessed. He felt a surge of bravery, like he could really think about asking Jimin out some time. 

"I like talking to you too, Yoongi" The smile on Jimin's voice was clear and the simple words the other boy spoke encouraged Yoongi further to say what he wanted. 

Yoongi felt it was a good time to make use of his mental list of things he didn't know about the other boy. 

So Yoongi asked him things. He asked Jimin what his favourite colour is, the foods he liked as a child, what music he liked, and so many more that Yoongi would probably forget about and ask again. In return, Jimin also questioned him. 

"What's your favourite flower?" Jimin asked, a yawn making him pause mid-question. 

Yoongi thought for a moment, really thinking it through. 

"I don't know" Yoongi admitted, "There are so many flowers in this world and so I try to look at them as their meanings. One day, I hope to find my favourite when one really means something to me, more than all of the others do... That's silly, isn't it?" 

Jimin was quiet for a few moments and so Yoongi closed his eyes and thought back to when Jimin was sat across from him in the cafe and the boy was smiling and laughing and being so-

"No, it's not weird" Jimin admitted. Yoongi believed him. 

More moments of silence passed and with each one Yoongi gathered his bravery and let his heart take over. 

"Jimin.. Would you like to go on a date with me?" Yoongi's voice was so quiet that he immediately thought of repeating himself. His ears throbbed along with his heartbeat, and his hands grew clammy. 

"I-I mean, you don't have to.. or we could meet as frie-" 

"Yes," Jimin's voice broke through Yoongi's stuttering and bumbling, "I'd love to go on a date with you" 

------------------------------ 

This chapter was kind of a mess buuut I like it :) 

I have a really really good idea of a future chapter that features the story summary~~