Wish(Lyvia)

Juvia's POV
Juvia walked up to the small fountain in the town center.
Snow was falling out of the sky and most of the towns people were inside enjoying themselves.

Not Juvia.

Gray-sama just told Juvia to go away after she tried to give him some chocolates she made for him.

The reason this hurt Juvia so much is because today is, or was, the day Juvia fell in love with Gray-sama.

The day Gray-sama took the rain away.

And Gray-sama told her she meant nothing to him, and that she never did and never would.
Juvia sniffled and dug into her poket, pulling out a quarter.
"Juvia wishes for someone to love her." Juvia whispered and tossed the coin into the fountain.

•••

Lyon's POV
I sighed as I sat against the cold fountain.

Today was the day I was really going to commit to Meredy.

We had been going on a couple dates here and there and I asked her to be my girlfriend, but she said she couldn't because she was leaving town tonight.

She asked me to show up at the train station to say goodbye and she wanted me to know she loved me too but it hurt too much.

I left her waiting there for me.

I sighed and stood up, grabbing the worn out dime in my jeans pocket and holding it close to my face.
"I wish for someone to stay." I said in a quiet voice and flipped the coin into the fountain.

I went to walk away when I heard a sob from the other side of the fountain.

I walked around and saw a certain water mage sitting on the cold, snow covered, cement and sobbing and hiccuping into her hands.
"Juvia?" I asked.

•••

Juvia's POV
"Juvia?" Juvia heard.
Juvia lifted her head slowly and saw Lyon-sama, a worried expression written across his face.

"Ah, Lyon-sama." Juvia said.
He looked at the empty space next to Juvia.

"Sit." Juvia added.
Lyon-sama nodded and sat down, resting his head against the cold stone fountain.

"So, why are you here?" Lyon-sama asked.
Juvia sniffled and wiped her eyes, looking at Lyon-sama.

"Gray-sama told Juvia she meant nothing to him and she never did and she never would and he told Juvia to just leave him alone." Juvia explained, wiping her eyes and hiccuping every few seconds.

"Jeez, he's an ass." Lyon-sama said, rolling his eyes, making Juvia giggle.

"Yes, Gray-sama can be." Juvia giggled.

"What about you Lyon-sama? Why are you here so late?" Juvia asked.
Lyon-sama sighed and didn't move his head from where it was resting on the fountain.

•••

Lyon's POV
"I asked Meredy to be my girlfriend and she said she couldn't because she was leaving town and wouldn't be back for a couple years because of Crime Sorcerer. She asked me to see her off at the train station because she loved me but I couldn't." I stopped and pulled my knees up to my chest, wrapping my arms around them. "It was just too painful." I said and looked away.

"So what did Lyon-sama wish for?" Juvia asked me.

I looked at her and smiled sadly.
"I wished for someone to stay." I said and felt tears prick my eyes.

I quickly shook my head and sniffed, turning to Juvia with a desperate smile.
"Well, what about you Juvia? What did you wish for?" I asked.

•••

Juvia's POV
"Well, what about you Juvia? What did you wish for?" Lyon-sama asked.

Juvia frowned and looked at her pale hands.
She closed them and made fists, holding them against her thighs as tears dropped onto her hands.
"Juvia-" Juvia hiccuped. "Juvia wished for someone to love her."