The Christmas Party(Jerza)

"SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT'' My roommate, Sherry, cursed as she stumbled around looking for a ugly Christmas sweater.

She began tearing up all her drawers as she looked, throwing her clothes all over the dorm floor.

"AH HA! FOUND YOU!'' She shouted as she pulled a hot pink ugly sweater that read ''Feliz NaviME"

Sherry and I used to be really good friends that is until she got popular and started dating the college track and field star, not to mention he was one of the smartest people out there.

No we're only 'friends.' I love her, but she doesn't seem that attached anymore.

Snow began to fall outside as Sherry threw her shirt off. She was going to a Christmas party being held by some frat house or whatever.

Sherry threw off her shirt, flashing me in the process.
'Sometimes that girl has no shame.'

My other roommate, Ultear, sat next to me and when Sherry took her shirt off she leaned over to me.

"And she wonders why people call her an idiot, I know we're both girls but in front of my salad, really?" Ultear whispered, a smirk on her face.

I snickered and tied to muffle it when there was a knock at our dorm door.

Sherry squealed slightly and ran to the door, swinging it open and throwing her arms around her boyfriend.

Jellal.

The boy on my track team.

The boy in all my classes.

The boy I like.

Jellal may be the star BOY track and field star but I'm the GIRLS track star, putting us at the top of the game. He is one of the smartest people in the school, but so am I.

And of course he's Sherry's boyfriend.

"Hey Ultear, Erza" He said and waved to us.

Ultear waved lightly, reluctance in her movements while I stayed put, keeping my head down.

>>>

Erza put her head down, completely ignoring me.

My smile faded.

I knew it, Erza didn't like me one bit. Whenever I tried to talk to her she would make an excuse to leave or she would ignore me and pretend she didn't hear me, or even worse just put her head down and walk away.

I sighed and Sherry grabbed my arm, pulling me out the door and towards the party.

>>>

I breathed a sigh of relief as Sherry pulled Jellal away, away from me.

Ultear pat my back and I shrugged it off.

"Hey, why don't we go to that party?" Ultear asked.

I gave her this 'why would I go where my former best friend and crush are?' face and she rolled her eyes, grabbing my wrist and dragging me out the door.

>>>

I stood in the corner of the kitchen, my back against an edge in the marble countertop.

I listened as I heard the music booming loudly in the next room over, where I knew my girlfriend was dancing.

In my hand was a red solo cup and I ran a hand through my hair, sighing.

I know I shouldn't be thinking about Erza the way I do, I have a girlfriend for Christ's sake.

But the way Erza moves when she runs, or the way she stares at the board with motivation in her eyes during class, or the way she smiles with her friends.

Erza's amazing, beautiful, talented, smart, and the perfect girl. And I shouldn't have the thoughts I do about her.

I want to kiss her cherry red lips. I want to hold her had. I want to be her's.

I think I'm in love, I think I've been in love.

I sighed again, spinning the alcohol in my cup around. Erza would never love me like that, she obviously doesn't by the way she ignores me and makes excuses not to see me.

I took a drink of my drink, vodka, and just as I set the cup down away from my face the one I've been wishing for walks in.

"Oh! Uh-hey Jellal." Erza said nervously.

I smiled and my cheeks became a dusted red color.

"Hey Erza." I said.

She slowly approached me and grabbed a beer, pouring it into a blue solo cup.

She took a sip and foam stuck to her top lip.

I chuckled and she gave me a confused look, turning her head.

"You have a foam mustache." I said and she blushed bright red.

I chuckled a little more and she went to wipe it off with her sleeve but I stopped her.

"Let me get it." I said.

I grabbed a her chin with my hand, her cheeks squishing up. I wiped the foam off with my thumb and put my thumb in my mouth, humming as the alcohol in my system gave me the courage to do it.

"Good choice in beer." I said and looked back at her.

Her face was red as her hair and her cheeks were still squished because of my hand.

I slowly removed my hand but my face leered closer to hers.

"I-uh- I think you have something on your lips." I said, leaning closer.

She leaned closer, her eyes staring into mine.

"Any chance you can get it for me?" She asked.

I nodded and pressed my lips softly to hers, tasting her strawberry chapstick.

It was a short, light kiss, though it lasted longer than 30 seconds.

I leaned back and her face was red, but her face also held a shocked expression.

"I-I have to go." She said.

"Wait Erza-" I started but she ran out of the kitchen and towards the front door.

I chased after her, leaving my vodka and chasing her, the color of her hair leading me.

As we got closer to the front door the less people there were and soon she burst out the front door.

>>>

I ran out the door and towards Ultear's car.

I was running towards the road to get a cab or something when I heard it.

"Erza!"

I turned around and saw Jellal, panting and staring at me with such intensity it was tangible.

He walked up towards me and when he got to me he immediately slammed his lips into mine, grabbing the sides of my face.

I almost died of shock but after a few moments kissed him back lightly.

The kiss was desperate on his end, almost like he was begging me not to leave.

When he eventually let me go he put his forehead on mine and breathed out, his breath visible in the air.

"Don't run away ever again please?"
He whispered.

"Never again." I whispered back and he laughed, kissing me again.