Chapter 28- Truths & Phone Calls

Magsimula sa umpisa

He's the first to give in and simply rolls his eyes in disappointment, disappointment at how I can't find the right words to say to him after I was the one to cause all the commotion. He now stuffs his hands into the back pockets of his pants and turns on his heel to start walking back towards the direction of the car.

I've never seen Liam act like this before and I just know that it's all my fault.

He warned me in advance that this was a bad idea from the start, he knew that something like this would happen— that Juliette is a force we shouldn't reckon with. . . And now I'm here pointing fingers at him over my own jealousy.

But that doesn't seem to stop me from yapping on and on about how much 'I hate Liam Palazzesi.' Even though that is the most farthest thing from the truth.

"I hate your stupid cocky personality, I hate your stupid conceited jokes, I hate how you can just look at me and instantly know what I'm feeling, I hate how you always drag your feet across the floor when you're walking, I hate how you only choose to write in blue ink because you think the red one is lame, I even hate that you can't leave the house without that stupid favorite grey sweater of yours, I hate that I know things about you that I probably shouldn'tin fact I hate everything about you!"

His eyes are now dancing with a fire that I've never seen before, and as he now marches his way back over towards me, he grabs me by the waist and pulls me into him, making my eyes dash to his with the same amount of fierceness laced in them. "If you hate me so much then why do you care if Juliette is into me?"

Well, he definitely got me there.

"If you hate me as much as you say then look me in the eye and tell me you want me out of your life." He demands, and I instantly roll my eyes in annoyance as I place my steady hands against his hard chest, solely because I don't fall down to the floor. Why? Because let me tell you that my legs have gone full on jello mode by this point.

"No, I'm not saying that." I counter and he lightly shakes his head not wanting to believe that I truly hate him.

"Why not? Say it." He pushes.

"I'm not saying it!"

"Say it, Giana, say how much you hate me." And instead of being angry at me like I expected him to be— he sorta starts to beg? Whispers even, almost as if he went any louder it would break him completely.

His eyes are now glistening in the moonlight and I can't help but bite my lip to control my wild range of emotions.

"I can't say it. . ." I whisper back as my hand now falls from the cotton fabric of his warm grey T-shirt.

"Why?" He winces at my touch almost as if he's in pain from every word that I say and every touch that I give. I'm not going to lie and say that it didn't break a piece of my heart when he did that because it definitely did.

Truth is, I don't hate Liam.

Not even in the slightest. Not even if I tried.

I hate myself— I hate myself for letting Juliette get to me as bad as she did.

"Because I'm in love with you, you idiot. More than I possibly could ever have imagined. I love you in ways that I didn't think I could ever love someone but I do. I definitely do, Liam, I love you." I confess anxiously, and as his face drops completely in shock I feel my nerves grow.

He's clearly taken back by everything because he doesn't utter a word and that's when the panic starts to kick in. My heart is literally running a marathon!